News Article: Sens 2014-2015 Schedule Talk

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Interesting for less afternoon games. I thought the team liked them in terms of attendance?

Maybe they got tired of all the afternoon losses.I know I did.

Ottawa Senators ‏@Senators said:
-Thoughts from #Sens owner @MelnykEugene: We have worked closely with the NHL to develop our schedule with our fans’ interests in mind. 1/3
-The feedback to us from our fans was a desire for more Saturday night home games. 2/3
- We are very happy that our 2014-15 schedule sees a stronger focus on Saturday home games with nine night games and three day games. 3/3

It is nice knowing that they are listening to the fans.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Is anyone else getting bored of the winter classic?

It is practically the same teams over and over and over and over again.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Is anyone else getting bored of the winter classic?

It is practically the same teams over and over and over and over again.

It was neat the first time. But the novelty wore off very quickly. It's never a good game, the ice is brutal. It's just a gimmick and an excuse to sell fifty thousand tickets to a game instead of 20.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
It was neat the first time. But the novelty wore off very quickly. It's never a good game, the ice is brutal. It's just a gimmick and an excuse to sell fifty thousand tickets to a game instead of 20.

Agreed.

If they must keep on bringing it back, at least let new teams play in it.

This constant recycling of these teams is getting annoying. Allow the fans of new teams to enjoy a winter classic game.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I like the outdoor games - this year I loved the LA game and ours of course. But Washington-Chicago is not very intriguing. I want to see some new teams.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Mark this date on your calenders:

Red Wings at Senators, Dec. 27

This could be the last game alfie plays in ottawa.

EssendonBombers

classless
Jan 4, 2011
Straya
Yay. Fits in well for my travel plans.

Should funds allow it, I'm around for:
Dec 2: Sens @ NYI
Dec 11: LAK @ Sens
Dec 13: Sens @ BOS

Is there a way to buy a single ticket for a Sens home game other than Stubhub?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I don't care about watching the outdoor games but all accounts say that it's great fun to actually be there

It doesn't affect me really so while I wouldn't say it's much more than a gimmick, it is one that people enjoy paying to go to so might as well let them keep doing so

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I like the outdoor games - this year I loved the LA game and ours of course. But Washington-Chicago is not very intriguing. I want to see some new teams.

Ya, every team should get the chance at least once. As much as I enjoyed our Sens/Canucks game, I bet the ratings were probably next to nil in the US.

Can't wait till the SENS host the Habs in 2017, but again how well will the ratings be???

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I guess this is obvious...but I love how it seems like every Saturday Sens are either on the road or at home vs CBJ/FLA/CAR/PHX, with a few rare appearances of WPG/DET sprinkled in there. Who are the Leafs playing each Saturday? AT HOME vs PIT, BOS, CHI, NYR, DET, WASH, etc.

I know Leafs are on HNIC but my god - make the Saturday matchups a little more meaningful. But then again I'm sure you could make the argument that it will help sell tickets if Sens play unpopular teams on the weekend and then leave all the weekday visits for the marquee matchups.

Either way, I'll be there.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
- Senators home opener against Nashville
- Sens traded Mike Fisher to Nashville for a 1st rounder
- We drafted Stefan Noesen with that draft pick
- We traded Noesen to Anaheim in a package for Bobby Ryan
- Bobby Ryan was drafted 2nd overall in his draft year
- Jimmy Carson was ALSO drafted 2nd overall in his draft year
- Jimmy Carson was once traded for Wayne Gretzky
- Wayne Gretzky scored 50 goals in 50 games
- Brett Hull also scored 50 in 50.
- Brett Hull wore #16
- Teddy Purcell also wears #16
- Teddy Purcell plays for Tampa Bay
- Steven Stamkos ALSO plays for Tampa Bay

Wait... Steven Stamkos? ... Of course! How did I not see it before, it's so obvious to me now! This is it! I've decoded Gary Bettan's ultimate plan!

... guys, I don't want to alarm you, but I've figured it out. We're trading Spezza to Tampa for Steven Stamkos!

I thought for a second there you were going to get through a post without using italics... I was wrong...

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Here's a pretty interesting stat about the schedule I pulled from the front page of another completely random, unpopular website that I occasionally read.

- We play 13 back-to-back games (Leafs have 18, Habs 16, Buffalo have 19)
- We play 9 "tired" games and 10 "rested" games.

... seems this part of the schedule is slightly in our favour, as well.

BqxPnKCCAAAs3Bl.png

(this space reserved for italics)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad