Send me your rich, send me your poor

HFNHL Red Wings

... actually not so much the poor.

I will be temporarily filling in for Atlanta. Between some FA signings (two of which I had planned to sign for my own team), some ATL prospects, and a player or two I will trade cheap (like Sabourin) to Atlanta I think the team will have enough bodies.

What needs to happen is to get this team up to the 68OV and so I turn to you.
Every year I give favourable trades to teams with depth issues (I will have done so twice this year) for the good of the league. Some of you have been the recipients of those trades. I'm looking for some favourable trades from you to bring this team back to a semblance of reasonability. What this team will need most is fwds but as I am only filling in I will be extremely reluctant to trade away any key assets unless the deal is clearly in the teams best interest.

Earlier this year there were a few teams with decently rated but over priced players
that teams were trying to dump. Atlanta may be interested.

Send all offers to my home e-mail.

HFNHL Red Wings

Update

Thanks to many of the generous GM offers the Atlanta franchise has (pending a whole bunch signings and in some cases conditional trades) at least reached the level of good AHL team. There are currently 3 conditional trades, and possibly a 4th in the works, that will kick into effect if some pending contract offers are accepted by Reggie.

Assuming all the pieces come together the teams defence will be in a reasonable state and the backup goaltending spot will be filled.

There is still a big need for forwards though. Again pending the signings, the forward ranks will be filled but mainly by warm bodies with OV's of 64's and 65's. Heck a 68/69OV fwd would get 2nd line ice time as it stands so if anyone has spare bodies to help here it would really help.

Thanks again to Tampa, Nashville, Edmonton, NYR, and Boston who have all stepped up with offers to help revive the Atlanta Thrashers.

ThrashersGM

Dec 14, 2006
Hey guys,

Thanks all of you for showing support in rebuilding the Thrashers orginization. I would like to formally introduce myself as the new GM of the Thrashers. I will post a new thread after I have confered with the Red Wings GM over some of the most recent trades and offers. Once I have figured out what I have to work with I will post all my info and a press release with all my contact info. Thanks very much and I look forward to meeting you all.

Ryan Archer

HFNHL Red Wings

Welcome Ryan.

To all GM's that had tentatively agreed to trades with Atlanta I have forwarded the details to him to finalize should he choose too.

Again I have to thank everyone that stepped up to help revive the Atlanta Franchise - Florida, Nashville, NY Rangers, Tampa, Edmonton, Boston and Detroit ;)

If everything goes through (signings plus 5 tentative trades) Atlanta will have a full roster and meet the 68OV requirement. :handclap:

Last edited by a moderator:

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Great work with this, Drew...

Ryan will be a great addition to the league - I've been involved with various FHL (and HLS2 for that matter - :eek: ) leagues with him for almost 10 years. he has commissioner experience as well. Good thing too - he has his work cut out for him :D

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
... actually not so much the poor.

I will be temporarily filling in for Atlanta. Between some FA signings (two of which I had planned to sign for my own team), some ATL prospects, and a player or two I will trade cheap (like Sabourin) to Atlanta I think the team will have enough bodies.

What needs to happen is to get this team up to the 68OV and so I turn to you.
Every year I give favourable trades to teams with depth issues (I will have done so twice this year) for the good of the league. Some of you have been the recipients of those trades. I'm looking for some favourable trades from you to bring this team back to a semblance of reasonability. What this team will need most is fwds but as I am only filling in I will be extremely reluctant to trade away any key assets unless the deal is clearly in the teams best interest.

Earlier this year there were a few teams with decently rated but over priced players
that teams were trying to dump. Atlanta may be interested.

Send all offers to my home e-mail.

I just checked the rule book and found out the minimum average OV for this season is 70, not 68.

It is required by the league that all teams in the HFNHL field a roster with
an overall average rating of 70+ OV. The players to be included in the average
are the team's top 20 rated starting players.

Has that been changed?

btw, Drew, you have 666 posts :devdance:

HFNHL Red Wings

Yes. Techniaclly it is supposed to be 70. When we first introduced this it was supposed to be a stepped implementation with 68 in the first year and 70 following that. Then the lockout happened and when we fired up the league again last year there were complaints about so many retirees and the new rookies not being rated well enough that the 68 was extended for one more season.
There has been no reminder that this year is supposed to be 70 and while I would support enforcing 70 (especially given how ridiculously high the ratings are this year) the Admin team would have to make a call on that.
Truth is is that even with Atlanta being outbid on Erikson they should be very near the 70 so it's viable. I'll bring it up.

ThrashersGM

Dec 14, 2006
Well,

Don't worry about the Thrashers. We are currently sitting right at a 70OV average if all the deals and signings go through that Drew set up. I am still open to talking more deals so make sure to get in contact with me.

Thanks,
Ryan

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Rumours in Tampa mention that Tampa Bay and Atlanta has come to an agreement and that a trade has been made, both team are now waiting for approval by the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->