Proposal: Send a thank you note to the Calgary Flames?

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
No, because the media will bring up this story again next summer when there is no hockey news. And many people will overreact to it, again

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Except in contracts and playability. Eriksson is a much more servicable forward than Lucic, not to mention he doesn't have to be protected in the ED.
It's like the difference between having Chiapet or Benning as a GM. One is on another level of bad (Chiapet) but the other is still meh at best. In the end, the bar/standard should be much higher than "at least he's not worse than X".

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
It's like the difference between having Chiapet or Benning as a GM. One is on another level of bad (Chiapet) but the other is still meh at best. In the end, the bar/standard should be much higher than "at least he's not worse than X".
True, but its better to be better off than worse off.

Reactions: Hit the post

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
No because I'm still not completely sure that Jim won't turn around and try to trade for lucic, again.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
No because I'm still not completely sure that Jim won't turn around and try to trade for lucic, again.

Jimmy might think "OMG Lucic got traded that means he's got value! We gotta get on that before anyone else does! Hey Calgary, do you guys need a 1st round pick?"

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I still wouldn't be surprised if we wind up getting Lucic at some point. I'll admit, it would be hilarious if Calgary withheld salary and took say, Eriksson. Just the idea of Edmonton and Calgary paying us to keep Lucic away from them amuses me.

Still hope it never happens though.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Don't break an arm mopping your forward in relief....seems to me the NHL trade rumour mill earlier this spring, had the Oilers, Flames and Canucks involved in a three-way contract dump....Lucic to the Canucks; Neal to the Oilers; and Eriksson to the Flames.

The Canucks aren't free of this nightmare scenario just yet.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Yeah apparently it wasn't even really close to happening.
I don't think it's reasonable to believe even Benning would go out of his way to have two aging, mediocre 6m forwards on the roster. As far as the actual trade goes, I think the Flames did ... okay. They absolutely had to get rid of Neal, and Neal only has value at this point to a team with a center who can draw tons of defenders and has great vision and quick hands. Neal does nothing anymore but float and get his shots. He can do that on McDavid's wing with the kind of offensive pressure and puck control that line will create.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Johnson

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Lol it's never Benning is it?
Not until there’s actual reliable source.
Because I’m not willing to cry and overreact to every single rumour on the street until a reliable source comes in. There were people who were legit worrying about us moving Horvat at the draft for no reason.

If I’m a Benning Bro in your eyes then so be it, it’s getting so hard to just be a fan on this board now with all these posters who think they have the higher ground and everyone different is stupid

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
*Rumour on the street says the Canucks might be interested in Lucic.

A groups of posters: OMG Benning is the worst I can’t sleep nicely with this kind of rumour.

Me: I won’t believe it until a reliable source report it. This type of rumour pops out every summer because there is not much Canucks news out there and Lucic happen to live here in the off season. It’s an easy click bait.

A group of posters: YOU ARE A BENNING BRO

*Rick Dhaliwal reports that Lucic was never approached with a trade to Vancouver.

Me: Well, it seems like it was just pure speculation by the local media, it’s going to happen again next summer because people bite the bait so easily.

A group of posters: It’s never Benning isn’t it? Here’s my conspiracy to prove why Benning definitely considered acquiring Lucic.

f*** Logic

Last edited:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
*Rumour on the street says the Canucks might be interested in Lucic.

A groups of posters: OMG Benning is the worst I can’t sleep nicely with this kind of rumour.

Me: I won’t believe it until a reliable source report it. This type of rumour pops out every summer because there is not much Canucks news out there and Lucic happen to live here in the off season. It’s an easy click bait.

A group of posters: YOU ARE A BENNING BRO

*Rick Dhaliwal reports that Lucic was never approached with a trade to Vancouver.

Me: Well, it seems like it was just pure speculation by the local media, it’s going to happen again next summer because people bite the bait so easily.

A group of posters: It’s never Benning isn’t it? Here’s my conspiracy to prove why Benning definitely considered acquiring Lucic.

**** Logic

‘Rumour on the street’ was Dan Murphy, and exceptionally credible guy who is essentially house Canucks PR.

Also the fact Lucic wasn’t asked to waive doesn’t mean the completed trade didn’t happen. Getting Eriksson to waive for Edmonton was the tougher call and if he vetoed it as reported then there was no reason to go to Lucic.

Then another extremely credible guy in Eric Francis reported that Benning was after Lucic again in the past couple weeks.

Reactions: travis scott

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad