News Article: Senators won't name captain this season

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
There’s no way to know this information.

There absolutely is.

Regardless, thought it was pretty clear it was more of an opinion than a fact. It's not an indictment of him, he could still grow into captain material, I just don't think he's there yet.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
There absolutely is.

Regardless, thought it was pretty clear it was more of an opinion than a fact. It's not an indictment of him, he could still grow into captain material, I just don't think he's there yet.
That’s baseless speculation as we’re not in the room. I’m more referring to your original post that says he’s not captain material and later you’re pushing White’s tires.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
That’s baseless speculation as we’re not in the room. I’m more referring to your original post that says he’s not captain material and later you’re pushing White’s tires.

I said he's not captain material (yet) that's pretty different than what you're implying.

It's a discussion board where people are bound to throw out their own takes on things. That's just my opinion on those two guys specifically at this point in their careers. Me saying Chabot isnt captain material next season isn't an indictment on him for the rest of his career, I just happen to think he's behind some of our other young guys (mainly Tkachuk and White) in that regard right now.

There's nothing I would love more than being wrong and having our best player on the ice be the best leader off of it.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The C on this team is jinxed anyways.

Need some time to let the bad vibes of the last few years drift away. Maybe in 2-3 years we can name a captain.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
This doesn't bother me, as I think fans and media put too much emphasis on the captaincy. The notion of the captain giving impassioned speeches to the boys in the room is from the movies. Eventually it'll be Brady or HotsamBatcho, but for now there's no need to saddle them with the external pressure that would come with the "C".

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
This doesn't bother me, as I think fans and media put too much emphasis on the captaincy. The notion of the captain giving impassioned speeches to the boys in the room is from the movies. Eventually it'll be Brady or HotsamBatcho, but for now there's no need to saddle them with the external pressure that would come with the "C".
I just don’t see Chabot as being the rah-rah type. Watching these guys interact at the Sens Soirée, it was obvious to me that Stone was the main guy, but of the young guys it was clearly the Tkachuk-White show. Then again , DeMelo seemed like quite the glue guy that night as well

Reactions: stempniaksen

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I just don’t see Chabot as being the rah-rah type. Watching these guys interact at the Sens Soirée, it was obvious to me that Stone was the main guy, but of the young guys it was clearly the Tkachuk-White show. Then again , DeMelo seemed like quite the glue guy that night as well

It used to be that NHL captains were those glue, rah-rah guys, no doubt. Today, though, it just seems as if you give the "C" to your unquestioned best player and that's that.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Hope everyone had a wonderful summer!

Captain or no Captain, I'm looking forward to hockey!! ...minus the winter.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->