Pre-Game Talk: Senators @ Wings | 7:30 | Home Opener

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I always like Sheahan with Tatar. Maybe Nielsen in the middle?
Z-Larkin-AA
Vanek-Helm-Nyquist
Abby-Glenny-Ott

D pairs just draw names out of a hat, it'll look bad no matter what.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
We've lost to arguably the two best teams in the division on the road so far so no panic yet. But this is the game where you bounce back and don't dig your hole deeper. It's a team you have to have behind you in the standings for any success, despite their start.

As boring as it sounds it would be great to nail the defense and win 1-0, 2-1.

InGusWeTrust

hockey.tk
May 6, 2009
Michigan
hockey.tk
Stay out of the box. EK65 on the Powerplay is lethal. I think we can beat them 5v5.

However, if we do get into penalty trouble...I do have EK65 in 2 fantasy leagues. So either one will work :D:D

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
We've lost to arguably the two best teams in the division on the road so far so no panic yet. But this is the game where you bounce back and don't dig your hole deeper. It's a team you have to have behind you in the standings for any success, despite their start.

Totally agree. All we saw so far is that we're not one of the 2 best teams in the division, something I think all but the most optimistic fans already 'knew'. But we have to play better tonight. I don't think 0-3 is anything close to fatal, but it sure would be demoralizing.

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Ottawa 4 Detroit 3

For the record I am 2-0 this year with my predictions, and last game I called exactly a 4-1 win for Florida.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think we show up for this game. Feeling a 4-2 or 3-2 win.

I'd like to put Z with Larkin, and keep Tatar with Nielsen. Not sure who would be the 3rd wheel on those lines. Maybe Nyquist with Z and Larkin?

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada

As boring as it sounds it would be great to nail the defense and win 1-0, 2-1.

There is no way we shut Ottawa out. They have a potent offensive game. No way we only hold them to 1 either. They will score at least 3 on us, so let's hope our offense is clicking.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 6m6 minutes ago

#RedWings change couple lines at skate:
Abdelkader-Nielsen-Sheahan
Tatar-Larkin-Zetterberg
Nyquist-Helm-Vanek
Athanasiou-Glendening-Miller

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 5m5 minutes ago

#RedWings change couple defense pairs:
DeKeyser-Green
Smith-Ouellet
Ericsson-Marchenko

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 3m3 minutes ago

Mrazek in starter's net for #RedWings

iDangleDangle

We Like Our Team
Jan 2, 2014
A bar
Switch Sheahan and AA and I kinda dig the lines. Ideally I'd want Sheahan centering the 3rd line with Helm in the LW of the 4th line, but that ain't gonna happen.

Would like to see Sproul get a chance over XO, never thought much of XO. Sproul atleast can shoot and has offensive acumen. On the other hand they might be giving Ouellet a longer period the get adjusted before giving Sproul a chance to grab his cheese, which is a good thing on paper. I just don't see XO as anything more than a 6th/7th rotation d-man.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Really dislike the top two lines, and continue to dislike the absence of Sproul. XO will still never be more than a #6/7 D. We're not learning anything new with him in. AA is wasted on the 4th line, but whatever, I guess he got his one game and, unlike the rest of the team, didn't shine, so demotion it is. Or something.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Tatar-Larkin-Z is a huge defensive liability.

I don't think so, I think Larkin is solid and getting better all the time there. Z still knows what to do, even if he can't always get to where he needs to be on the ice.

And they should at least have the puck a decent amount and not have to defend as much. Unlike the Abdelkader-Nielsen-Sheahan line. Not sure what the hell that is.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Switch Tats and Abby. Tats and Z are not great defensively at this point, and Larks is still finding his 2 way game. Top line is all defense and no offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->