Pre-Game Talk: Senators @ WHC

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Horrible goaltending, misuse of the D. (No offensive dman only stay at home or two way guys). Forwards weren't tenacious enough.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I’m convinced it was all the Edmonton and ex-Edmonton suck that was invited

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Oh well. Hope they beat USA tomorrow morning.....

Screenshot 2018-05-19 18.06.05.png

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Another McDavid-led team that goes...nowhere. Getting to be a trend.

as soon as Canada lost I knew you were going to post this :laugh:
The Oilers may very well go nowhere but it certainly won't be McDavid's fault

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Horrible goaltending, misuse of the D. (No offensive dman only stay at home or two way guys). Forwards weren't tenacious enough.

I suspect the first lead to the second. When you're goaltending is that bad, the knee jerk reaction to to try and limit chances against by putting out the defensively reponsible guys.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah, that was a brutally constructed team.

As for McDaivd...the trouble was media putting him on the Crosby tier. He's definitely a franchise player, but he will never hit that level.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Yeah, that was a brutally constructed team.

As for McDaivd...the trouble was media putting him on the Crosby tier. He's definitely a franchise player, but he will never hit that level.

I'd say he's on the Crosby tier but time will tell if can have the same kind of success.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
McDavid is an incredibly gifted player but until he leads a team, any team, to a signature victory the questions about him are going to linger. The truly great players can elevate their play in critical moments and games. We are still waiting to see that from him...

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I'd say he's on the Crosby tier but time will tell if can have the same kind of success.

I think this is tough as Crosby+Malkin>McDavid+Draisaitl, plus Pittsburgh had Letang and Gonchar and a much better Goalie and team in general than McDavid has in Edmonton. Took Sid 4 years to win a cup and then another 7 after that. If McDavid wins one in the next 3 years he's on the same level or above.

But you're absolutely right, only time will tell...

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->