Pre-Game Talk: Senators @ WHC

WadeRedden

Feb 24, 2016
At work, didn't watch any of the games or highlights...why is this edition of Team Canada, with the best player in the world leading them, so sucky in regulation?

They have a bad goalie. Kuemper was subpar against the Americans during the round robin and *brutal* against the Russians today. The fourth goal against was a joke. I don't see how we get past the Finns with this goaltending duo.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Switzerland score 3 in 5 mins lead Finland 3-1 after 2

Last edited:

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Canada v Switzerland and USA v Sweden the semi's

Screenshot 2018-05-17 17.11.36.png

Reactions: DJB

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
It's unfortunate he's not playing, but Chabot will make hockey Canada look stupid for not playing him more in very short order next season. He's the real deal.

I would like to see him playing but great experience for him either way. He isn't head and shoulders above anyone on the D so hard for me to say he absolutely needs to be in the line-up.

Won't be long before he is a fixture there though.

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
Chabot is good, better than most, we should play him 20 minutes if we want to win, imo.

I also like how they just added pageau to that Islander line with Barzal. Immediately it added an edge and a large increase in defensive awareness.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I didn't see the same, but he couldn't have done worse than he rest of Team USA. I cant believe they lost 6-0 to Sweden.

That's gonna be a hell of a game Tomorrow for Canada.

According to the box scores on TSN, he was even which is good, but had -1 shot which I would think is bad... but it was ok, because at the time that I checked, everyone on both teams had -1 shot, so I guess in that respect he was pretty average.

https://www.tsn.ca/hockey-canada/mens-worlds/game/sweden-united-states-20180519/Stats#/home

Reactions: Back in Black

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
How did White look?
Look good in the 3rd. I didn't watch the 1st and 2nd. He had good chances.

I don't think White was put on offensive situation very often.

I haven't seen him on the PP. Saw him on the PK the other game.

It seems he was switching linemate a lot between Kane on the 1st line, also Gaudreau, amd i think i saw him with Bonino once or twice.

He could have had a goal or two. But he didn't.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
So Pageau is on the third line today, and Jordan Eberle has been busted down to the 13th forward. That's the problem with Eberle - if he's not scoring, he can't do anything else for you...

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I fail to see how Nurse deserves more minutes than Chabot.

I dont understand Peters. Glad he isn't our coach.

This team needs offence from the backend so badly and Chabot is riding the pine.

Id also argue he deserves time over Edmundson, and even Murray. Ekblad is uninspiring to be honest.

Parynko is our best D but hes getting overworked

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad