streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
6'5'' pmd, u mad nhl?

ibyg7d7F8iPEUa.gif

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Murray, get us a decent two-way defenseman please... EK needs support offensively.

and a winger for Spezza.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
wow nice rush by Wiercioch, didn't see it live. I also saw a great rush by Cowen too

Definitely. That's a guy who has huge confidence in his shooting right now and can skate like the wind and play both wings. I think he'll get the call soon. Ottawa rewards the Bingo boys for great play and we know they like Hoffman. Even if he's not a long term solution, he's on fire and might be able to contribute right now.

To take it a bit further, MAYBE try MacArthur with Spezza and put Hoff with Ryan and Turris for a game or two? Mac IMO would work well with 19 and Hoff showed some chemistry with Turris last year when they were the top line with Alfie. I think his style would work well with 7 and 6. Mac could be the first guy in on the forecheck for Spezza like he often is with Turris.

Like that idea... And since Turris and Ryan are so good, he might help Hoffman build enough confidence to turn into a real NHL player.

How about those lines?

MacArthur-Spezza-Michalek
Hoffman-Turris-Ryan
Smith-Zibanejad-Conacher
Greening-Grant-Neil

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Call up Hoffman send down Grant:

Hoffman-Spezza-Michalek
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Greening-Zibanejad-Conacher
Kassian-Smith-Neil

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
6'5'' pmd, u mad nhl?

ibyg7d7F8iPEUa.gif

This is exactly the sort of thing they have needed on the 2nd and 3rd pairings all year. In the same situation Cowen, Methot and Phillips just dump that puck off to Zibanejad, who gets 1 second to do something with it before getting creamed by the forechecker while the other two forwards clog the middle of the ice.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009

Hoffman-Spezza-Michalek
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Kassian-Smith-Neil

Why send Grant down? He is playing good hockey right now and is pretty solid defensively. Sens dont necessarily need more scoring, they need to keep the puck out of their end.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012

Hoffman-Spezza-Michalek
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Kassian-Smith-Neil

No need to send Grant down just scratch Kassian. I really like this line up just think we are asking a lot of Hoffman. That said nothing else has worked !!

John Holmes*

Greening is 27. He's no kid. He better wake up fast before he finds himself out of the league.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Greening is 27. He's no kid. He better wake up fast before he finds himself out of the league.

Not that easy with his new long term contract. Why do you think he keeps getting chance after chance after chance this year. Best players play PLEASE what a line, Lehner NHL player of the week ? Anderson gets the next start ? There is a lot goes into the decisions of who plays and where they play. Theres no way that Hoffman doesnt deserve a shot over Greening right now ? This league is littered with underperforming players that are not movable, and many very good players in the AHL that are stuck there due to circumstance.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Not that easy with his new long term contract. Why do you think he keeps getting chance after chance after chance this year. Best players play PLEASE what a line, Lehner NHL player of the week ? Anderson gets the next start ? There is a lot goes into the decisions of who plays and where they play. Theres no way that Hoffman doesnt deserve a shot over Greening right now ? This league is littered with underperforming players that are not movable, and many very good players in the AHL that are stuck there due to circumstance.

Hoffman pissed management off at training camp and he will continue to pay his dues. He had his shot in September and he blew it.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I don't think he pissed them off, he just didn't play up to expectations. At the same time, he was playing with people he hasn't played with very often and many factors can go into that.

It was between him, Conacher, Prince and Stone for that spot that Conacher won, and it would have been hard to beat Conacher's performance in the first place.

I don't think I saw him have one good opportunity to take a good shot off(which is his biggest asset along with his skating). That may be on him, but on his linemates as well IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->