Post-Game Talk: Senators VS Panthers

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
<3 the Sens. Keep it up boys...it doesn't have to look pretty as long as you keep winning.

I swear we get someone to help shore up the defence and our team will be mint. Ehroff, Carlson, Enstrom, Campbell...this team would be set. Then pick up a strong possession player like Elias, Jagr or Hartnell at the deadline and bring home the cup.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Also, may have been overlooked, but Phillips made a nice play to contribute to our second goal. Broke up the Panther's rush with a nice pinch at center ice, poking the puck forward and allowing us to quickly put pressure back in the Panthers end.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
That was ****ing beautiful Boro
i7qZfWV3W4P4P.gif

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Also, may have been overlooked, but Phillips made a nice play to contribute to our second goal. Broke up the Panther's rush with a nice pinch at center ice, poking the puck forward and allowing us to quickly put pressure back in the Panthers end.

No, that's not possible, Phillips is beyond terrible and should retire immediately.

Just in case, :sarcasm:

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
<3 the Sens. Keep it up boys...it doesn't have to look pretty as long as you keep winning.

I swear we get someone to help shore up the defence and our team will be mint. Ehroff, Carlson, Enstrom, Campbell...this team would be set. Then pick up a strong possession player like Elias, Jagr or Hartnell at the deadline and bring home the cup.

Campbell. Hartnell. Cup.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Any chance Phillips gets Shanahan'd for his hit?

nah. It was a solid hit. Wasn't gunning for the head or anything. Pure shoulder all the way. You simply can't suspend anyone simply because of a size difference or the because the one hit happens to be hunched over. Might as well take all hitting out of the game at that point.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Scored on a 5 on 3 and killed one off. That's a big thing to take away from this mostly forgettable game. Goaltending + special teams dominance is going to result in lots of wins.

Also it's still shocking to me to see the night and day difference in our break out when comparing when a forward comes down to give a short outlet to when we have 3 forwards already breaking in the neutral zone with our defender trying to break out with a forechecker on him. Mac has gotta hammer sort that out and make living easier on the D.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I don't miss Condra one bit & Conacher only played 8 minutes, would be nice to see Stone soon in Ottawa. Grant had a great game today, again.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I'm glad Boro came back. He's been a solid piece to add to the back end.

And honestly, if we actually could play some bit of defence we would be pretty good!! That said our PK was far better than it started at the beginning of the year.

Its nice to play in the east again, and I am pretty sure that win actually throws us in a "playoff" position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->