GDT: Senators vs Flyers | 7pm, Sportsnet East, TVA, Team1200

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Gryba might just end up being one of our best d-men going forward. Our future on the back end is very bright indeed.

EK-Cowen
Methot-Gryba
Benoit/Phillips-Wiercioch

source

Jul 13, 2008
Guy on the radio had the same thought as me. Why are teams allowed to put the goalie back in if they ice the puck with the extra attacker? If the NHL wants to create more scoring they should punish teams who ice the puck up 6 to 5.

Ahahaha, because that would be effing ridiculous, that's why.

TristanH

Apr 22, 2012
Ottawa
Exactly what I was thinking! In his 40s playing on the top line against the best players in the NHL. When he came back for this season he was never anticipating playing on the first line... Having Alfie on the ice and in the dressing room is priceless. You can tell he is extremely frustrated with his game right now because he wants to still make an impact.

The entire team has been gripping their sticks tight for the past 6 games. As a huge sens fan seeing this team even contend for a playoff spot at this point is amazing... Look at Jersey.. they loose Kovalchuk and can't win a hockey game... we loose a ton of top end talent and are in 6th place.

For anyone with crazy high expectations this year... you're in for a real treat when this team gets its bodies back.. and Murray take that massive cap space and make this team even stronger..

Amazing things ahead for this team... Just happy to even get the chance to watch this team in playoff hockey..

GO SENS GO!!!!!

Thats dumb to quote. Look at the Senators stats this season and realize Alfie is 40. Try being as good as Alfie in a ****ing beer league with guys who are all under 40 and then try to diss the guy. He's making plays in the NHL after over 1100 points.

I hope your quote was meant as a joke.

Shec8576

Feb 14, 2013
Ottawa, Canada

You killed it. In the good way. It would be more insane then 8 beers in a row followed by 8 shots of gin with nothing in between.

Your trailing on home ice in the cup finals with a minute left. You ice the puck. Your net is gaping with no choice and you lose a draw, its over.

Forcing the goalie to stay out on icings would be awful.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Maybe. On the other hand, the rule states that when you ice the puck you have to leave the same players on the ice for the faceoff in your zone.

Yeah. Maybe let the opposing coach decide who gets to be swapped in for the goalie - get rid of the best face-off man. If they want something halfway between no goalie and ignoring the fact the goalie was pulled. But, of course, they don't.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
SENS!! They snap there loosing streak with a 3-1 win over the Philly Flyers. Lehner was solid in net and JPG, JEAN-GABRIEL PAGEAU assisted on Alffy's goal for his 1st career NHL point in his 1st career NHL game. Congrats, Jean. Great job boys!

TristanH

Apr 22, 2012
Ottawa
You really get the feeling that the Silf, Zibby, Conacher line is waiting to break out. The potential those three have together is insane..

You're right... that Neil line played well tonight.. they had some great opportunities to score.. and Smith put a nice one in the net.

I totally agree with Regin.. Hoffman was looking solid.. and Pageau showed he deserves to be in the lineup again tomorrow night.

Regin has had his zillionth chance. I really think he does not get back in. First Hoffman took his spot... Looked better and then was injured. Now Pageau comes up and outplays him.

Kassian was not bad in over 10 minutes tonight. Maclean truly rolled 4 lines. I don't care much if Kassian is in or not, but he has not been bad here, or looked useless.

Wiercoch pass to Greening was sick! He does that kinda pass often!

We gave deserved better then 5 straight losses and finally got some breaks.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
So what did JOB do to whose daughter to keep him out of the line-up again? Starting to look like he's not part of the plan anymore.

Shec8576

Feb 14, 2013
Ottawa, Canada

You killed it. In the good way. It would be more insane then 8 beers in a row followed by 8 shots of gin with nothing in between.

Your trailing on home ice in the cup finals with a minute left. You ice the puck. Your net is gaping with no choice and you lose a draw, its over.

Forcing the goalie to stay out on icings would be awful.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I think Conacher really lights a fire in Zibby. Since that line was put together he seems to have more jump than before, when he was already looking good.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
There was a guy who posted in the first page of this thread or the last thread(PGT) about guaranteeing us a win because he was Greening's BFF.

Guys, that was Greening.

Lehner was amazing. He made the saves he had to. Zibanejad was amazing too, he will be a top 10 player in the league, imo. Call me optimistic or whatever but his skill set and his talent is just ridiculous. He's only 19 too, he will be unbelievable. Reminds me so much of a young Forsberg.

Methot was spectacular and so was Pageau.

Turris is a joke out there sometimes, I don't blame him cause he isn't a number 1 but it's amazing how he ****s up so many plays that are easy goals or easy set-ups. IMO he has all the skill but his physical strength and conditioning are a joke really.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Exactly what I was thinking! In his 40s playing on the top line against the best players in the NHL. When he came back for this season he was never anticipating playing on the first line... Having Alfie on the ice and in the dressing room is priceless. You can tell he is extremely frustrated with his game right now because he wants to still make an impact.

The entire team has been gripping their sticks tight for the past 6 games. As a huge sens fan seeing this team even contend for a playoff spot at this point is amazing... Look at Jersey.. they loose Kovalchuk and can't win a hockey game... we loose a ton of top end talent and are in 6th place.

For anyone with crazy high expectations this year... you're in for a real treat when this team gets its bodies back.. and Murray take that massive cap space and make this team even stronger..

Amazing things ahead for this team... Just happy to even get the chance to watch this team in playoff hockey..

GO SENS GO!!!!!

Well said.

Alfredsson is just so amazing. He provides so much to this team, it's invaluable. You watch his play away from the puck and all the plays, the positioning, the brains....just his presence alone teaches the young guys so much.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Finally a win!!!

Great debut by Pageau. He really worked hard out there.

Did anyone see Pageau's expression after his interview ended with Ian Mendes? He looked disappointed at himself... probably because he was nervous during his interview.

Pageau made 3 key plays along the boards getting the puck out his zone when Phil had their goalie out. Lots of guys choke right there and throw the puck into someone and it bounces back. (ie... see Neil late in the game who almost gave away the tying goal). During the game you could see he was often holding back a bit staying high in the O_zone to be in a good defensive position. Can't wait to see more of this kid.

SensForLife11

Apr 28, 2010
Ottawa
tumblr_ml4ezfQVjw1rsnoqso1_400.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad