Senators Uniform and Jersey Concepts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
The 90s/2000s 2D logo was our only nice logo IMO. No reason we needed to try something new when we had one of the best jerseys in the NHL already.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
The 90s/2000s 2D logo was our only nice logo IMO. No reason we needed to try something new when we had one of the best jerseys in the NHL already.

I'm going to be honest, I used to hate those jerseys. I was very young, but I did not like them for some reason.

Now, I would absolutely love bringing those jerseys back.

Jerk Store*

Ha, that's fine I just had to say it. I agree it's probably the best looking jersey, especially from a TV set when you aren't seeing the logo often. It isn't a huge compliment either way because I hate the other ones.

My stance on jerseys is simple, and logical IMO. If you want a jersey that won't out date (like our cartoon logo has)...pick the logo that didn't have one precede it, the original. Generally speaking, it barely even matters if it's ugly or simplistic, as long as it's the original you can basically use it as long as you wish. Tinker the rest of the jersey to stay fresh (and to spur sales). Logos shouldn't change.

We've got two originals. If you don't want to put the O on every jersey, go back to the 2D logo.

Couldn't agree more. I'll even go further and say the ideal set would be the white away's from the cup finals with the original black jersey 2-d spartan. Maybe tweak the striping a little bit.

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
In fact, when I've gone to games the "SNES" jersey seems to be the most commonly worn one.

Phoenix you know they were giving them away right?
Having a nickname on our teams jersey is barf IMO...just like when Old Man Bob Cole calls the team the Ottawa Sens. :help:
Would Montreal ever put HABS on their jersey? No. Why?
IT'S NOT THE NAME OF THE TEAM
/rant

sorry woke up on the wrong side of my Bong.....the empty side :(

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
But I think most of us agree that the jersey itself is probably the best of the three we have, in terms of colours and lines, but the logo is Pejorative Slured. They look pretty good on TV during gameplay, but when you zoom in to the crest it looks like garbage.

IMO, black jerseys are my favourite. I loved our original black jerseys:
4198030484_5a73680805.jpg

and I also loved our "3D" blacks:
___blakcs.jpg

I have a good buddy who's a Habs fan, and the first time he saw our new jerseys he said, "Wow, WTF happened to your jerseys? Used to have the best in the NHL." Then when the game started, he said they looked not bad, but still didn't like the logo and really missed the old ones.

Same thing with the Canucks, except their new one's aren't hideous. The colour scheme is quite nice, but they had my favourite jerseys of all time, and what colour were they? Black:
NHL%20Jerseys%20Vancouver%20Canucks%2010%20Bure%20Black%20Uniform.jpg

Hawks too have awesome black shirts:
201061210593087023.jpg

Pens had great ones:
jagr-mullet.jpg

We could have had a 3rd jersey just like that which said "Ottawa" but in red, and it'd probably be our 2nd best ever.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
The old blacks were stellar. Old black, old white...proud jersey wearing fans.

When the playoffs roll around we make SBP a death like atmosphere with a sea of black, sprinkled with bloody red. It'll be perfect if we select Jonathan Hitler 6th overall.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
They tried a black out in Dallas, only lasted one game because Turco and Luongo(?) had trouble tracking the puck. I'd be up for some swastika flags though

Given our past goaltending, this would probably be to our benefit. Our guys tend to have had trouble tracking the puck anyway.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Given our past goaltending, this would probably be to our benefit. Our guys tend to have had trouble tracking the puck anyway.

Next time we play Boston, we should do a blackout and see if we can't make it a little harder for Thomas to track the puck. He said he likes playing in Ottawa cause the lighting makes it easier for him to follow the puck.

salomonster

Oct 7, 2006
Double dot
Seeing that the Senators primarily color is red and that the blacks (regardless of rendition) will remain the 3rd jersey, there is 0 chance that we see the blacks in the playoffs anytime soon again.

That's unless the blacks become the primary color again. Which I doubt.

I love the orriginal blacks with the 2d logo. I could see that as a 3rd in the future but not next year. They want a heritage jersey and that means a salute to the 1900 teams

The late 90's early 2000's black cartoonish 3d jersey is a joke. It's a good thing the Sens were amazing back then cause that black jersey with the gold palm leaves is almost as bad as the SENS black today.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Jerk Store's is still the best. Let him discuss with management, make some tweeks if he must, but leave the basic look alone. And pay the man some coin - at least let him score some ducats and train the ice girls.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Jerk Store's is still the best. Let him discuss with management, make some tweeks if he must, but leave the basic look alone. And pay the man some coin - at least let him score some ducats and train the ice girls.

I also hope he ascends to the Papal throne.

LeafRaker

Jul 28, 2010
Kanata
Not sure, the pic they showed at the season ticket "hotstove" looked like it was on left side of the chest. But that thing was folded up all funky so it may have been on the shoulders.

Yeah, I took another look at it, and it's probably a patch, pure speculation on my part.

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
So would this be on the front or as a side patch?

It is a patch on the jersey, the main crest is the O logo. I was under the impression that the shield patch would be on the front of the jersey but it wouldn't make sense to have the O logo twice on the front.

Perhaps this logo will be on the helmet and hockey pants with a similar looking one on the actual jersey.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Love it. Either the front shoulder or the main logo would work for me but I suspect it's the front shoulder patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->