Senators Uniform and Jersey Concepts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
When it comes to PR, the Sens suck.

I still have nightmares of those ****acular SNES jerseys.

I'm expecting another crappy 3rd.

Dunno how you can call them "****acular", they were pretty successful sales-wise and were one of the nicer jerseys in the league. Pretty much the only people that didn't like them are "hardcore" hockey fans (but those are the same people that think barber poles will look good.)

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Dunno how you can call them "****acular", they were pretty successful sales-wise and were one of the nicer jerseys in the league. Pretty much the only people that didn't like them are "hardcore" hockey fans (but those are the same people that think barber poles will look good.)

A) The Barberpoles would look good.

B) Most people didn't have a problem with the Jersey, it was just the logo that drove everyone crazy.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
A) The Barberpoles would look good.

B) Most people didn't have a problem with the Jersey, it was just the logo that drove everyone crazy.

Barberpoles are hell on the eyes and they don't look good over a whole jersey. Those old jerseys are eyesores, but in limited amounts it looks good (see the 67s jerseys this year.)

You sound like a "SNES" jersey owner.

Proudly, too. Best looking Ottawa Jersey by far.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
seriously? :shakehead

Well the only people I've ever heard say anything bad about it are the people on this board. Pretty much every person I know IRL and non-hockey fans think it looks great. Then I also see a lot of off-white lovers and barber-pole fanatics on here too so I take the opinion of this board on anything aesthetic with a grain of salt.

toivy

Nov 15, 2008
Ottawa

I absolutely loved the colour, but couldn't stand the logo. Bring back the original (first gen) 2D Senator, or go with the O and a barber pole undertone with the specific shade of black they had on the outgoing 3rd.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
Well the only people I've ever heard say anything bad about it are the people on this board. Pretty much every person I know IRL and non-hockey fans think it looks great. Then I also see a lot of off-white lovers and barber-pole fanatics on here too so I take the opinion of this board on anything aesthetic with a grain of salt.

Wait, so you're telling me people have different tastes? :amazed:

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
For the record, I'm amused at how CPM essentially just called himself a non-hardcore fan yet thinks he knows more than pro scouts.

On topic, I really do like what I've seen from the jersey teaser. If it's anywhere close to Jerk Store's design, I'm going out there and immediately buying myself a Spezza jersey.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I absolutely loved the colour, but couldn't stand the logo. Bring back the original (first gen) 2D Senator, or go with the O and a barber pole undertone with the specific shade of black they had on the outgoing 3rd.

Yeah, I like the O. I'm not a big fan of the spartan.

Wait, so you're telling me people have different tastes? :amazed:

:o Yeah, not that that's anything new, but I was referring more to the fact that this is the only place I've ever heard anything bad about that jersey. In fact, when I've gone to games the "SNES" jersey seems to be the most commonly worn one.

For the record, I'm amused at how CPM essentially just called himself a non-hardcore fan yet thinks he knows more than pro scouts.

On topic, I really do like what I've seen from the jersey teaser. If it's anywhere close to Jerk Store's design, I'm going out there and immediately buying myself a Spezza jersey.

Has there ever been an incident where I claimed to know more than pro-scouts? Also where did I call myself a "non hardcore fan"?

With that in mind I think the teaser looked great. I still think they should look at the 67s jersey design for future designs. I really like the partial barber pole and colours.

Coco the Monkey*

Aug 31, 2010

Just like we do with your opinion on prospects.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com

Ha, that's fine I just had to say it. I agree it's probably the best looking jersey, especially from a TV set when you aren't seeing the logo often. It isn't a huge compliment either way because I hate the other ones.

My stance on jerseys is simple, and logical IMO. If you want a jersey that won't out date (like our cartoon logo has)...pick the logo that didn't have one precede it, the original. Generally speaking, it barely even matters if it's ugly or simplistic, as long as it's the original you can basically use it as long as you wish. Tinker the rest of the jersey to stay fresh (and to spur sales). Logos shouldn't change.

We've got two originals. If you don't want to put the O on every jersey, go back to the 2D logo.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Barberpoles are hell on the eyes and they don't look good over a whole jersey. Those old jerseys are eyesores, but in limited amounts it looks good (see the 67s jerseys this year.)

What 67's jerseys are you referring to? The current ones, or the one that they will bring back next year.

I completely disagree with your statement that Barberpoles are an eyesore, I love them to death.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
View attachment 45161

To me, that looks awesome.

I don't like that very much. I like these:

2755025.bin

logancouture_maclennan.jpg

Tasteful use of the barberpoll.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I don't like that very much. I like these:

2755025.bin

logancouture_maclennan.jpg

Tasteful use of the barberpoll.

I like those, but not as much as the full out barberpoles. I guess it's because I'm a baseball fan who loves the pinstripes. To me, the barberpole just speaks "proud history"

It is awesome....wouldn't want the Sens to touch it in any way though. It's belonged to the 67s for quite some time now...it's theirs only.

Very valid point. I completely agree actually. I wouldn't mind the Senators stealing for a heritage classic jersey though.

jamwires

Sep 22, 2008
Winnipeg, MB
Icethetics had a poll a while back showing every Canadian team's jerseys. The SNES jersey finished dead last, or second last I believe out of 18 jerseys. Every single person I've ever known has made fun of me for those jerseys being disgraceful. The arena football league called, they want the Sens to give them back ALL of their jersey designs. I said it.

TheSpaceCoyote

Sens fan in NL
Mar 5, 2011
Rand McNally
The 67s use the barber pole well, it's fine in those jerseys but in any jersey where the barberpoll is used on the entire jersey it looks awful.
And talking about the SENS jersey, the jersey itself is fine, it's the SENS in the centre that ruins it. Replace that with an "O" and it could've been really good.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
The 67s use the barber pole well, it's fine in those jerseys but in any jersey where the barberpoll is used on the entire jersey it looks awful.
And talking about the SENS jersey, the jersey itself is fine, it's the SENS in the centre that ruins it. Replace that with an "O" and it could've been really good.

That's a bunch of ********. I guess it all comes down to taste. But I've already pre-ordered the new 67s jersey because of how downright sexy it is.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
I like those, but not as much as the full out barberpoles. I guess it's because I'm a baseball fan who loves the pinstripes. To me, the barberpole just speaks "proud history"

Very valid point. I completely agree actually. I wouldn't mind the Senators stealing for a heritage classic jersey though.

Agreed. The 67s are a landmark franchise in the CHL, have developed the most NHLers, and have a HoF name in Kilrea. All those NHLers wore that jersey. If you find it ugly, that's the beauty of it....the franchise built a foundation of respect in it. It's very much a part of the history of the franchise...it's good it is coming back.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Agreed. The 67s are a landmark franchise in the CHL, have developed the most NHLers, and have a HoF name in Kilrea. All those NHLers wore that jersey. If you find it ugly, that's the beauty of it....the franchise built a foundation of respect in it. It's very much a part of the history of the franchise...it's good it is coming back.

So true. So true. This x1000000 :handclap::handclap:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=911917

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

Well im glad that jersey was a hit within the non-hockey fans segment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->