Senators tv schedule

sensR4real

Apr 19, 2006
Ottawa
The tv schedule they have posted sucks!! Only about 15 are posted as being on tv, this is a joke right?? Someone please tell me the tv schedule will be better than this for us supporting fans that can only afford tickets to a few games. I would think that after a long lockout like this, the last thing a league would want to do is frustrate the fan base even more!!! Does anyone know if they will add games to the tv schedule?

gmyx

Aug 14, 2008
Sensville
There are already 14 games spoken for and SNET get's 40 (althought there are only 34 left). don't worry.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Those ******** are going to make people order a separate channel for one game?

Also any news from across the river(tva)?

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
I'm glad sportsnet is allowed to air Saturday games. Early Saturday games, but still.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
Awesome tv schedule. The only time Ottawa gets aired on CBC over here is when they are playing Toronto, an afternoon game, or against the Canadiens when Toronto has the night off.

I think the only game I'll have to go online for to watch is the last game against the Flyers.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I wish Sportsnet Sens was actually used. Not for more games but at least for any kind of content at all. Its a station that just sits there idle for months and months only to be used once or twice a season. Put on some replays, B Sens, Overtime, classic games etc. This is already content that exists and requires no effort besides the choice to air it. I'd gladly pay the money if Sportsnet produced a Blue Jays in 30 type program for Sens games.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
I wish Sportsnet Sens was actually used. Not for more games but at least for any kind of content at all. Its a station that just sits there idle for months and months only to be used once or twice a season. Put on some replays, B Sens, Overtime, classic games etc. This is already content that exists and requires no effort besides the choice to air it. I'd gladly pay the money if Sportsnet produced a Blue Jays in 30 type program for Sens games.

It isn't really a channel. It's only purpose is to carry the odd spill-over game.

CBCnutcase

Sep 11, 2007
Awesome tv schedule. The only time Ottawa gets aired on CBC over here is when they are playing Toronto, an afternoon game, or against the Canadiens when Toronto has the night off.

I think the only game I'll have to go online for to watch is the last game against the Flyers.
Kind of sucks for the HNIC games. There are 5 games that start at 7:00 pm/1900h and 4 of those are against the Leafs. The other one is at home against the Flyers. The other 5 Saturday games are afternoon starts :loony: with two of those on HNIC both against the Jets.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax

and even that game might get shown if Toronto & Montreal don't play a meaningful game that night.

Great schedule.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Thank you Rogers!!!!!

and even that game might get shown if Toronto & Montreal don't play a meaningful game that night.

Great schedule.

With how bad the Leafs have been the last, oh, 40 years or so ( :sarcasm: ), how many times have you seen one of their games, meaningful or not, pre-empted in favour of a Sens game?

Also, in a 48-game season, realistically its going to be a dogfight for the playoffs and playoff seeding, so for most teams (except maybe Columbus), pretty much the entire schedule will be meaningful games.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Kind of sucks for the HNIC games. There are 5 games that start at 7:00 pm/1900h and 4 of those are against the Leafs. The other one is at home against the Flyers. The other 5 Saturday games are afternoon starts :loony: with two of those on HNIC both against the Jets.

I actually like the Saturday afternoon starts. For one it means we get national broadcast. For two it means I get an excuse to sit back with my feet up and a beverage in hand in the mid afternoon!

Then I can go do things with my non-hockey watching friends in the evening and not have to sit in front of my computer watching CBC's regional stream to get my Saturday hockey fix.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
I actually like the Saturday afternoon starts. For one it means we get national broadcast. For two it means I get an excuse to sit back with my feet up and a beverage in hand in the mid afternoon!

Then I can go do things with my non-hockey watching friends in the evening and not have to sit in front of my computer watching CBC's regional stream to get my Saturday hockey fix.

I think the CBC has only picked up this Saturday for the season launch and the Hockey Day in Canada game.

The other Saturday afternoon games won't be on CBC at all, never mind the national broadcast, they will be on Sportsnet which is regional.

JB52

Apr 6, 2012
Quebec City
There's 8 games scheduled on CBC

4 at 7pm against Toronto that will be broadcast nationaly (because after all, it's the Maple Leafs).
2 at 2pm against Winnipeg that should be broadcast nationaly
1 at 2PM against Montreal that will surely be broadcast nationaly
1 against Philadelphia that will only be at CBC Ottawa because the Maple Leafs play against Montreal on the majority of CBC affiliates.

Personally, i'm in Quebec City, but with Bell Fibe I have CBC Montreal and CBC Ottawa (go figure out why) so I expect to see all CBC games.

For the rest of the season, I have Sportsnet east but only in SD, so I might have to watch on RDS and TVA sports if i want to see the games in HD.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
rds picked up

sens-jets 19th
panthers-sens 21st
sens-lightning 25th

no full release of "le hockey subway des senateurs" yet, but we know the crew for sens games (other than the habs ones) will be patty lalime and yannick bouchard.

also, no news from tva yet.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad