Senators Top 20 Prospects

DiamondJoeQuimby

Jun 3, 2005
New York State
Well, this is going to be a non-list. Quite frankly we don't have much in the way of prospects at all right now.

Thank goodness I got lucky and somebody drafted Bobrovsky. He's having a great season for Philly, 23-9-4. 2.45 GAA and .918 save percentage. He will likely be moved in the offseason. I already have Luongo and this team will have spaces to fill.

Cory Emmerton has gotten a couple games with the Red Wings. Has 9-21-30 in 44 games in the AHL. I believe he's no longer waiver exempt next season.

James Wright is a very similar player. He got a lot of NHL time last season, but Tampa is better this season and he has spent all year in the minors. 11-25-36 in 56 games with Norfolk.

Keep an eye on Drew Leblanc. He's having a very good year for St. Cloud; 13-24-37 in 32 games. He's decent sized at 6', maybe he gets an offer he likes and leaves.

With no first round pick, I will be using the Brian Burke strategy of going after undrafted free agents big time. It may not be as easy due to the rules in this league, but I'm confident I'll still be able to do it. I've already signed Jason Akeson, the OHL's leader in points (admittedly he's an overager). I know the NCAA pretty well and will load up on the college boys with signings and my draft picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad