Confirmed with Link: Senators sign Dillon Heatherington and Kole Sherwood to 1 year 2 way contracts

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Huh, he seems pretty ornery... Does he always play like that?
That is my understanding. I don't know much about him but from what I've read that is his regular playing style. He also has decent size as he is listed at 6'1 212 lbs.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Heatherington and Sherwood, is Dorion looking for players to acquire based on street names in Ottawa?

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I reviewed some of Kole Sherwood's games in the AHL and created a Shifts & Clips video. There is some NHL footage at the end but it is limited because I didn't have access to full replays of NHL games. Sherwood seems like an interesting player and could make an impact in training camp and maybe earn a roster spot.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
It will be interesting to see if Sherwood can regain the kind of output he had back in the OHL. Watching some of these clips of his play back then showcases that he does have some solid offensive skill.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
A good article on Sherwood's reaction to going unqualified by Columbus:
Sherwood seeking 'new adventure' after Blue Jackets part ways

Here are some of the notable quotes:
“I would’ve liked to have a little more (NHL) time here,” Sherwood said. “I got hurt in (2019-20) and this was a COVID year. I got hurt early, when I thought that I was going to break out and make it, but I accomplished what I set out to do in my life, and that’s play for my hometown team. No one can take that from me.”

No one will hand him a full-time NHL career either. Business is his focus now, chasing other goals yet to be accomplished.

“I’ve got unfinished business, in a sense, that I would’ve liked to accomplish more and improve myself more with the Blue Jackets, but there’s no hard feelings,” Sherwood said. “I understand it’s a business. They’re going in a certain direction and so am I. It’s just where you part ways. But I’m ecstatic for the new adventure.”

Reactions: Icelevel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->