GDT: Senators @ Sharks - 10PM EST - CBC, TVA - Friends Edition

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Translation?

Legitimately I think he’s just happy to play for a winning team. that is a bit of a shot against Ottawa if you’re sensitive, and San Jose is a model franchise of consistency but so was Detroit and St Louis and Chicago for so long, SJ could be heading for a rocky road in the next few years - but it won’t be for a lack of attracting amazing talent and trying to win.

I wish EK all the best and hope he gets his ring, I don’t like that Ottawa couldn’t keep him and I don’t blame him for leaving. To be honest, I wouldnt want to be stuck playing for Melnyck either

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Legitimately I think he’s just happy to play for a winning team. that is a bit of a shot against Ottawa if you’re sensitive, and San Jose is a model franchise of consistency but so was Detroit and St Louis and Chicago for so long, SJ could be heading for a rocky road in the next few years - but it won’t be for a lack of attracting amazing talent and trying to win.

I wish EK all the best and hope he gets his ring, I don’t like that Ottawa couldn’t keep him and I don’t blame him for leaving. To be honest, I wouldnt want to be stuck playing for Melnyck either

McGuire made a good point the other day: Karlsson has only known Ottawa as far as the NHL goes. Took him sometime to let it go and now he probably realizes how much better life is.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
He's played well and has been rewarded with more minutes. I have soured on Boucher considerably but he's handled Balcers just fine

Boucher is handling he rookies wonderfully. All are playing well.

If Boucher had 2 NHL goalies this season we’d be higher in the standings.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
We also need a bit of work on the defensive side. ;)

Team seems to have much more flow with Nilsson in net, not sure if it’s because of how well he plays the puck or how he handles traffic -mor it’s just because the team is playing well in Cali, but Nilsson seems to have really stabilized the team.

Reactions: Variable26

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It seemed to me that Boedker , Tierney and Balcers all had an extra gear vs the Sharks last night.
I thought Boedker played well, but he definitely passed up a couple grade A chances to shoot and tried for a slicker pass play. Balcers had his best game as a Sen imo. He had more jump , his read/react was better.

Please don't interpret this as having won the trade in anyway. :laugh:

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
It seemed to me that Boedker , Tierney and Balcers all had an extra gear vs the Sharks last night.
I thought Boedker played well, but he definitely passed up a couple grade A chances to shoot and tried for a slicker pass play. Balcers had his best game as a Sen imo. He had more jump , his read/react was better.

Please don't interpret this as having won the trade in anyway. :laugh:

Well, this is what you would expect from any decent prospect. Surprisingly it didnt take him that long to get accustomed to NHL. In the first game he literally looked like a deer in the headlights. Its a night and day difference between then and now.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Well, this is what you would expect from any decent prospect. Surprisingly it didnt take him that long to get accustomed to NHL. In the first game he literally looked like a deer in the headlights. Its a night and day difference between then and now.

And..... what we expect , pretty much always happens that way amirite?

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Is Harpur injured? I’m not looking forward to him coming back into the line up and Boucher giving all Wolanins minutes to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad