GDT: Senators @ Sharks - 10PM EST - CBC, TVA - Friends Edition

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Given how comically shorthanded we were, that is a solid effort. We stayed right with SJ in their own building, and played a pretty good game defensively. Lots of things to like tonight, especially from young guys like Wooly, Jaros and Balcers.

Great points. Jaros even had PP time. Thoroughly impressed by the whole team tonight , trying to win it for the former Shark players , no doubt.

Zack Smith had his best game of the year. Nilsson was very good again.

Sharks weren't very good and was impressed how Ottawa played with speed in the neutral zone.

If they keep playing like tonight , and get back some key pieces, they will not be a lottery team

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Crazy to think how much of our offense has been out of the lineup in Chabot, Duchene and White and the upgrade we will have in nets when Anderson is back.

Reactions: Vprime

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
That 1st period was as good a period defensively as ive ever seen us play in like a couple years now. Excellent, just excellent. Jones saved them big time first 2 periods.

Lajoie and Jaros are good. Wolanin too. Niilson sucks, lol.

Cant ask much more from this team with the personnel we iced tonight. If we keep playing like this when Anderson, Chabot, and Duchene come back then we will definitely win as many as we lose.
I think Niilson played pretty good.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Great points. Jaros even had PP time. Thoroughly impressed by the whole team tonight , trying to win it for the former Shark players , no doubt.

Sharks weren't very good and was impressed how Ottawa played with speed in the neutral zone.

If they keep playing like tonight , and get back some key pieces, they will not be a lottery team

Considering the minus of Chabot, Duchene, Anderson (perhaps) and White... absolutely, an awesome game. Got to watch it with my mom tonight (who kept telling me to keep it down a bit lol).

It was exciting!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018

I thought Smith had a pretty underwhelming game considering he was centering our first line aside from a few solid shits.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Jaros, Wolanin, Lajoie and Chabot is a really nice defensive core going forward, just need to support them with one or two more competent veteran D.
There is some potential there for sure. They may be a bit young and weak at times but they all have good hockey sense which is something we've being lacking on the backend, mainly because we play Boro and Harpur regularly.
We'll see how they develop together as they are all so young and will most likely be on the roster together for the next several years.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
f*** this life. good effort, jones putting on a clinic, really wish we coulda won that one

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
We were unlucky not to score more than one(and the deflection off Jaros), thought it was a good team effort as whole. The short passing game looked way better than earlier games. Balcers looked like a seasoned vet at times and his line was doing good things. Also big +++ for Wolanin!

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Another road trip of 3 games in 4 nights over.... Now they get to do another 3 outta 4 nights again this week. :huh:

Oh well, they hung in there pretty good last night for awhile.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
How many minutes for Balcers? 13:23 !

Solid showing.

Pageau is still a couple of weeks out before he starts to click again.

I really thought that Nilsson was good too. Made key saves when required.

Reactions: Icelevel

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
San Jose are my favorites for the cup right now. Burns and Karl play just about half the game each. One of them is almost always on the ice. Pretty cool.

Tampa - San Jose would be exciting

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->