Post-Game Talk: Senators @ Sabres

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
I am glad that it only took three pages of the PGT to transition from complaining about how terrible the team is to making awesome avatars. Toronto's PGT is like 20 pages of whining about a loss I believe.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Only bright spot is Badger. Pathetic game from anyone else. And MacLeans genius is pretty much questionable at this point. If chasing teams wins tonight, our PO spot is not so much 100% anymore.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Zibanejad was great I thought

Yap.

Zibanejad and Conacher were our two best forwards IMO. Silfverberg not far behind. That line was great.

Also this team just seems to play better in front of Bishop...for what it's worth. Hopefully we can change that. Lehner didn't look great last night.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
I purposely avoided the post game fireworks here because I knew Lehner would get dumped on for having a sup-par game "Lehner sucks, ZOMG we traded the wrong guy blah blah". Nice to see it didn't go totally overboard.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Stud: Zibanejad
Dud: Smith

Zibby was our best forward again last night. Great effort, two assists, was involved.

Smith has looked bad a lot, and last night was another one. Also, happy birthday Zack! Instead of the bumps, maybe someone kick him in the ass. I know it is hard to play with the kind of grit and intensity it takes for Smith to be really effective in his role but... that's why you make close to two million dollars a season, bud.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I took the night to drink this one off. Tough loss.

I'll preface this by saying he has my vote in Adams race and my full vote of confidence but Maclean erred a few ways in that game and it ultimately cost the team at least a point.

Sin #1: icing after a PP, no center on the ice... No timeout taken = goal against. Rookie mistake IMO.

Sin #2: Turris back in his uncomfortable role where he's being asked to be the shutdown and #1 guy all at once. I dunno if we got cocky thinking we could just role lines against a bad team or what but Turris needs a little bit of sheltering on the road. We turned it around before when Smith was put up there and I'd like to see it tomorrow night. Line 1 of Lats-Smith-Alfie. Keep line 2 as is and Turris out there with Greening-Condra/Neil. Force some awkward match ups and choices for the other coach and don't let them easily line match.

Sin #3: The Ott/Kaleta situation. These guys were punking it up all game, we decide to play Kassian over a good player in O'Brien and he's no where to be seen. So much for our nuclear deterrent. Take notes truculent crowd. I don't disagree with his approach though. They were told to ignore them and wait for them to slip up and put their team down, it happened and we didnt capitalize. Not enough shots and too much passing, Lundin was out there with Phillips (puke). Zibby, Silf and 89 should have gotten the zone starts with Gonchar and Wiercioch IMO.

Loved what we saw out of Conacher. He's a SOB. His presence jus seems to piss off the other side and he has skill and speed to back it up. I think we got a good one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->