Post-Game Talk: Senators @ Sabres

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
The kid line was great, Turris' line, not so much. The defence is really struggling, even though they scored both goals today! Really bad pp kept the sabres close and probably cost the sens the game.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Lehners inability to win games is becoming a little concerning. Goaltending has bailed us out all year, so while the team played like crap, it doesnt really excuse it for any of the 3 of them (now 2).

Will come with age.

As for the team...they sucked tonight. God what a boring game.

A lot of people have been saying our SV% from high scoring areas was unsustainable. The team may be coming back down to earth a bit. No better time to get guys like Andy, Michalek and Cowen back.

Sensgirl65

The original EK fan
Jan 25, 2013
Raarrrr.gif

Oh, also, our PP really really sucks.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
They're really, really missing Karlsson at this point. He'd be such a huge help on the PK and we'd have way fewer shots against with his breakout help.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
The guys played soft. Quite a few bailed out on a lot of plays not to take a hit.

We didn't have last change but Buffalo chose to play Scott against the Smith line most often instead of Regin-Condra-Kassian. Our line should have been able to take advantage of them but Smith preferred to stop playing and just complain to the refs when they were run, slashed and high sticked.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Imagine if our PP tonight was

9MM -Spezza -Alfie
Gonchar - Karlsson

Silfverberg -Turris -Zibanejad
Weircoich -whoever

I ain't even mad these guys have been playing really well and just lost 2 guys that were really great in the locker room.

It's probably a little bit of a blow. Also I'd rather have Kdaug out thier than Regin.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Oh, also, our PP really really sucks.

It's our defenders. They aren't dictating the point. Allowing the forwards to pressure them and make them overreact.

The forwards have been doing their fair share of great opportunities.

Then again it hurts when Phillips and Lundin are manning the PP half the time, LOL.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
It's our defenders. They aren't dictating the point. Allowing the forwards to pressure them and make them overreact.

The forwards have been doing their fair share of great opportunities.

Then again it hurts when Phillips and Lundin are manning the PP half the time, LOL.

Agreed completely and I mean who had goals tonight methot and Gryba.

Who weren't playing the PP... Methot and Gryba.

I'm not saying play them every game or that I know everything but seems like a better choice.

John Holmes*

Lundin shouldn't be playing ahead of Benoit.

Wheels fell off late in the third. It happens.

Next.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Yeah, for the life of me I cant figure out why they keep inserting Lundin. Havent been impressed all year. I guess keep him fresh in case of an injury, but honestly....if that happens I would rather have Borocop play.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
This was a hard game to watch as a fan, and even harder to break down when the team was just asleep the whole time. I need at least a six pack of Red Bull to just get my energy back, and I hate friggin Red Bull.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Lundin shouldn't be playing ahead of Benoit.

Wheels fell off late in the third. It happens.

Next.

Agreed 110%!

I've been an advocate of re-signing Benny to be the #7 dman next season, but he's really a lot better then Lundin. He's soo much better on the PP and he's underrated defensively. Had a few bad games recently, but he's often very solid defensively and makes smart plays. I'm not sure why the Paulrus likes Lundin so much.

ErikKarlsson

The Best (per IOC)
Oct 24, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Also this was the first game I was able to watch since end of Feb because I spent over a month in France, what a disappointing snooze fest. Ugghhhh.

Last edited:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
We're a bad road team, when we can't match up we have trouble with any NHL team.

FireMelnyk

Jun 3, 2006
They need to burn those #peskysens Tshirts. They haven't played well since that BS began. They're buying into their own hype of late.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Hopefully that was Lundin's last game of the season...

Such a MEH game, Lehner didnt look composed..

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
They need to burn those #peskysens Tshirts. They haven't played well since that BS began. They're buying into their own hype of late.

I really agree. It's seemed that way since the Toronto game to me. Gotta go back to humble games and grinding out the 1 goal wins.

Last edited:

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
That's awesome actually

HF won't let me use that one as an avatar however, says it's too big

Yeah, it's sponsor size right now. I'd have to shrink it to 125x125 and < 20.0kb for regular users.

Edit -
CSIOttawaRegular.jpg

Would be perfect along with animation of Melnyk playing Horatio Caine.

Poor examples:

Bad game for Lehner?
Turns out...he's still Lehrning.
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Spezza is finally healthy?
I guess...you could say... he's back
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

etc etc....

I was thinking of trying to come up with 'crimes' for each player (eg Alfie would be charged with assault on Tucker), but your suggestion is way better.

They used #peskysens last year.

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
I really like Kaleta, he's essentially A lesser skilled Chris Neil. Doesn't play dirty but really knows how to amp his team up. I think his play really helped them tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad