Prospect Info: Senators Prospects Watch 2017/2018

Which 2017 prospect will break out this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Krug and DeKeyser are the only big successes I see.

Butcher and Kerfoot remain to be seen. They are rookies still. Need some consistency to be considered a big success. But yeah, I had forgot about those two admittedly. If we were having this discussion a few months ago Krug and DK would be the only big successes imo.
Sustr, Schaller, Schmidt, Folin, Ruhdwedel, TVR, Caggiula, Schultz, Hayes. There's guys every year worth a look.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Don't let him walk. That would be dumb. We have a huge need for D with upside, especially a guy who can blast point shots like Wolanin. If he doesn't make it to the Frozen 4 final, Dorion should be at his door with a contract to sign and a spot in the opening lineup the last day of the regular season to collect his bonuses and an assurance that he'll never see the ECHL. Probably wishful thinking on my part, the organization has dug their grave with how they've managed young players on the BSens this year. Have Karlsson shoot him a text saying he can't wait to play with him or something. Get it done.

With the poor play of the Senators this year, and the ongoing shots against issues, Wolanin likely sees more opportunity to make this crappy team than he would get on most other teams!

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Probably about 1,000 hockey players who would love to play hockey for a living & looking for their big break hoping to have a shot at playing in the NHL someday regardless of what the team is like currently. I imagine everyone thinks they could help make the team better.
Not when you have the option to play for a well run organization.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Not when you have the option to play for a well run organization.
Not everyone has that option, in fact, very few do including most young players & the 50% of NHL players who are not elite players & 100% of AHL players & minor league players who just hope for the opportunity anywhere. It's only fans who talk like this, players want to play ... ANYWHERE.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Not everyone has that option, in fact, very few do including most young players & the 50% of NHL players who are not elite players & 100% of AHL players & minor league players who just hope for the opportunity anywhere. It's only fans who talk like this, players want to play ... ANYWHERE.
Anywhere that’s run good and gives them a chance to play in the nhl that is...Do the Sens offer that? I’m not sure, let’s wait and see.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Anywhere that’s run good and gives them a chance to play in the nhl that is...Do the Sens offer that? I’m not sure, let’s wait and see.
Most X-Sens players always seem to say what a great organization this is & how well they were treated while here. It's really only this yr with all the crap going around the Sens but specifically around this owner hemorrhaging money & needing to cut jobs & salaries on & off the ice that we are hearing it's poorly run. Most loved the team last yr when they were on their run but since they have been so crappy this yr the tide has turned.

Clearly this owner feels the need to start trimming everywhere & whether that has affected the on-ice product or not is up for debate. IMO it has & when the team is losing everything is magnified including all the cost cutting measures being implemented by this owner but I don't think it affects who wants to come to play here just yet. They are still an NHL franchise & most IMo would love to play in the NHL even for this organization.

Reactions: IWantMyParade
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->