Prospect Info: Senators Prospects Watch 2017/2018

Which 2017 prospect will break out this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
What's the scouting report on Formy's shot? Seems like he has improved it over the course of the year. Matched with his speed, its a dangerous combo to be fast and accurate.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Logan Brown
Colin White
Drake Batherson
Filip Chlapik
Alex Formenton
Gabriel Gagne
Nick Paul
Aaron Luchuk
Markus Nurmi

Christian Jaros
Max Lajoie
Christian Wolanin
Kelly Summers
Andreas Englund

Filip Gustavsson
Marcus Hogberg

Just wanted to type these out for fun

Dzingel-Duchene-Stone
Pageau
MPS

Harpur-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci
Borowiecki-Wideman

Reverse Jenga. Take a block from the top and put it on the bottom.
3years

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Logan Brown
Colin White
Drake Batherson
Filip Chlapik
Alex Formenton
Gabriel Gagne
Nick Paul
Aaron Luchuk
Markus Nurmi

Christian Jaros
Max Lajoie
Christian Wolanin
Kelly Summers
Andreas Englund

Filip Gustavsson
Marcus Hogberg

Just wanted to type these out for fun

Dzingel-Duchene-Stone
Pageau
MPS

Harpur-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci
Borowiecki-Wideman

Reverse Jenga. Take a block from the top and put it on the bottom.
3years

You’re missing Francis Perron

And Mike Hoffman + Bobby Ryan (and Claesson)

Also, MPS shouldn’t be re-signed. Just because he is fast and not old doesn’t make him good

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Any idea if they are using White at center in Belleville???Thinking if we are planning on giving him a look at that position he should be developed further,with lots of reps at center

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
You’re missing Francis Perron

And Mike Hoffman + Bobby Ryan (and Claesson)

Also, MPS shouldn’t be re-signed. Just because he is fast and not old doesn’t make him good
I mostly included only guys I see as likely being here or deserving a shot at being here in 2 or 3 years. Those guys you mentioned will likely/should be traded ideally.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Any idea if they are using White at center in Belleville???Thinking if we are planning on giving him a look at that position he should be developed further,with lots of reps at center
White is currently playing C in Belleville. He has played mostly C there this year. He has spent a few games on the wing as well.

Reactions: topshelf15

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Formenton is going to be a joy to watch just for his skating alone. Man can he fly.

I agree that he should go back to junior. Let him go back to London, dominate there, go to the WJCs as a premier player, and then see where he's at in the summer of 2019.

Reactions: zman77

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I mostly included only guys I see as likely being here or deserving a shot at being here in 2 or 3 years. Those guys you mentioned will likely/should be traded ideally.

Ok but because Hoffman was included, I didn’t know what you were trying to achieve there

IMO, keep Hoffman (cheap salary for a 60 pts guy), Pageau, Dzingel if we’re trying to be a very fast team

Ideally play Hoffman and Duchene together since they have strong chemistry and elite skillsets, and have them play with a very strong 2-way guy

Dzingel-Pageau would be 2 pieces of my 3rd line. Give them a guy with high offensive skill like Ryan maybe and now all your top-9 can score. For next year :

Hoffman-Duchene-White
Zadina-Brown-Stone
Dzingel-Pageau-Ryan
Paul-Chlapik-Pyatt
McCormick

With Formenton, Batherson, Gagne, Perron, etc still developing

Other than that your list was accurate. Don’t forget 2 first rounders coming soon!

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
I watched London play Guelph last week and I came away so impressed with Formenton. He has speed, size, a good shot and a bit of a mean streak. I haven't watched much of Brown or Batherson this season, but honestly, Formenton, to me, is the most sure-fire NHL prospect we have.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Ok but because Hoffman was included, I didn’t know what you were trying to achieve there

IMO, keep Hoffman (cheap salary for a 60 pts guy), Pageau, Dzingel if we’re trying to be a very fast team

Ideally play Hoffman and Duchene together since they have strong chemistry and elite skillsets, and have them play with a very strong 2-way guy

Dzingel-Pageau would be 2 pieces of my 3rd line. Give them a guy with high offensive skill like Ryan maybe and now all your top-9 can score. For next year :

Hoffman-Duchene-White
Zadina-Brown-Stone
Dzingel-Pageau-Ryan
Paul-Chlapik-Pyatt
McCormick

With Formenton, Batherson, Gagne, Perron, etc still developing

Other than that your list was accurate. Don’t forget 2 first rounders coming soon!
I sort of agree. I just get the feeling they prefer to trade him for a decent return of pick and prospect. I'd be ok with that

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Formenton and Batherson are still eligible to go back to junior next year, right? So, it’s either Ottawa or junior for them? No Belleville?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->