Prospect Info: Senators Prospects Watch 2017/2018

Which 2017 prospect will break out this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
DX3AdQYU8AA1iCp.jpg

Coach K tried coaching college kids after the Calder run. It worked out so well.

Dude made the playoffs once in whole coaching career.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Normally I just do this for Jets prospects, but I had the recording and I like Gustavsson so I did this for y'all. 5 minutes of Gustavsson from Thursday. Includes shots against, playing the puck, and some shot attempts.

Thanks!

Seems pretty economical with his movements in the crease. Not a lot of quality chances against in that montage, but in the few there were he looked pretty calm and played them well. Really noticed how deep he plays in his crease particularly for a fairly average sized goalie.

Reactions: Newgates59

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Normally I just do this for Jets prospects, but I had the recording and I like Gustavsson so I did this for y'all. 5 minutes of Gustavsson from Thursday. Includes shots against, playing the puck, and some shot attempts.

Isn’t that Carey Price? But #30? :sarcasm:

I really like how he plays his angles and cover his net, he is calm and collected for such a young goalie. He is the kind of goalie that will make tough saves look easy

Thanks!

Seems pretty economical with his movements in the crease. Not a lot of quality chances against in that montage, but in the few there were he looked pretty calm and played them well. Really noticed how deep he plays in his crease particularly for a fairly average sized goalie.

Makes me think of Henrik and Carey’s son actually

Reactions: Newgates59

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Isn’t that Carey Price? But #30? :sarcasm:

I really like how he plays his angles and cover his net, he is calm and collected for such a young goalie. He is the kind of goalie that will make tough saves look easy

Makes me think of Henrik and Carey’s son actually

He look smart in net. He isn't moving for nothing, he tracked the puck well from that clip.

He stays on his feet when he move left or right, so he is in a better control to make save. It is difficult to make glove or blocker save while sliding. If you are up, it help a lot.

I know you understand all those thing since you are a goalie yourself if a remember correctly.

Reactions: Xspyrit

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Based on the poll at the top of the page all of the 2017 prospects there have had good yrs including Bowers & other could be Luchuk & Gustavasson.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Thanks!

A part of him playing so deep is the ice size. Goaltenders tend to play deeper on the larger ice surface because it’s more East-West.

Reactions: Burrowsaurus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad