Prospect Info: Senators Prospects Watch 2017/2018

Which 2017 prospect will break out this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Batherson has a legit shot...snipe show every goal.

Guy seems to only know bar down.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I wish my work computer wasn't such a piece of garbage. All I see is "Loading tweet..." on every post linked to a tweet.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
You have to be content with the prospect situation in Ottawa at this time, they seem to have a number of good prospects who are close to being NHL ready & some that look like they are destined for the NHL at some future date.

IMO White & Chabot are can't miss blue chip prospects & Chabot has superstar written all over him. Paul & Formenton have bottom six potential & if Formenton can turn into a point producer could make it into the top six.

Harper, Jaros & Englund all look like they could make the NHL as 2nd or 3rd pairing defencemen & Batherson & most likely Bowers also look like future NHLers. Then there are the wild cards in Lajoie, Wollanin, Peron, Kelly & Hogberg. That's potentially 14 future NHL prospects from this group although there are no guarantees but lots to like about this group of prospects.

Reactions: Cosmix

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
You have to be content with the prospect situation in Ottawa at this time, they seem to have a number of good prospects who are close to being NHL ready & some that look like they are destined for the NHL at some future date.

IMO White & Chabot are can't miss blue chip prospects & Chabot has superstar written all over him. Paul & Formenton have bottom six potential & if Formenton can turn into a point producer could make it into the top six.

Harper, Jaros & Englund all look like they could make the NHL as 2nd or 3rd pairing defencemen & Batherson & most likely Bowers also look like future NHLers. Then there are the wild cards in Lajoie, Wollanin, Peron, Kelly & Hogberg. That's potentially 14 future NHL prospects from this group although there are no guarantees but lots to like about this group of prospects.
Brown says hi.

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Brown says hi.
hahahaha .... geez, I forgot all about him, add him to the list with Chabot & White too & I forgot about Chlapik another potential NHL player. That's 16 potential future NHL players & almost a full team. Stone, Ceci & Pageau are all still young too. That's a lot of good young players anyway you slice it.

Perron - Brown - Stone
Chlapik - White - Kelly
Formenton - Bowers - Batherson
Paul - Pageau - Gagne/Nurmi

Chabot - Harpur
Englund - Ceci
Lajoie - Jaros/Wollanin

Hogberg - Hollett/Daccord

Last edited:

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
I don't consider White to be blue chip prospect but man I can't wait to see him play some regular season hockey.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006

And they're all about the same age. This is one of the reasons I think we made the Burrows trade:

White, Dahlen, Chlapik, Gagne, Perron, Lazar, Paul, Dzingel. 8 guys + Brown and McCormick competing for 2 NHL spot and top-6 AHL time. It was tight.

Obviously losing a good young player is never ideal, but prospects and young players can rot on the vine as well. We also only have 50 contract spots. After acquiring Burrows, we traded Lazar and got Formenton. This makes things easier since it made the team immediately better, removed Lazar from the equation, and added a much younger player to the cohort.

Obviously everyone is going to have their own preference:

Burrows + Formenton (Immediate help, creates space, and Formenton plays CHL)
Lazar + Dahlen (NHL team isn't as good, logjam is present, we might lose a prospect due to the crunch)
Dahlen + Formenton (NHL takes a hit but at least there is room for everyone)
Burrows + Lazar (Best NHL depth but creates a complete mess developmentally)

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Call me crazy but I don't see Englund becoming a regular NHLer. He looked like Boro out there in a bad way during the pre-season.

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
Call me crazy but I don't see Englund becoming a regular NHLer. He looked like Boro out there in a bad way during the pre-season.
Jaros & Lajoie are already better than him. Wolanin is intriguing and has a better skill set as well.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Wow what a difference one off season can make...

Forward prospects? We got em. White, Brown, Formenton, Chlapik, Bowers, Batherson. All totally legit threats to be good/great NHLers, and seem to offer us a plethora of different toolsets. Very exciting to see.

Defensive prospects? Chabot, Jaros, Harpur, Lajoie. One potential elite #1 and the rest are all totally capable of being solid top 4 guys at some point. Ceci and Claesson are young enough in their own right to bank on us having a solid blueline for many years to come.

The future is looking extremely bright right now.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Wow what a difference one off season can make...

Forward prospects? We got em. White, Brown, Formenton, Chlapik, Bowers, Batherson. All totally legit threats to be good/great NHLers, and seem to offer us a plethora of different toolsets. Very exciting to see.

Defensive prospects? Chabot, Jaros, Harpur, Lajoie. One potential elite #1 and the rest are all totally capable of being solid top 4 guys at some point. Ceci and Claesson are young enough in their own right to bank on us having a solid blueline for many years to come.

The future is looking extremely bright right now.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-11171-1390414625-5.gif

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I don't consider White to be blue chip prospect but man I can't wait to see him play some regular season hockey.

Ya I don't consider a player with a ceiling as #2 centre as blue chip either but still a very sweet prospect with lots of value. Reserve blue chip for top line forwards, or top pairing dmen.

Reactions: Swedish Mafia

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Can you browse thru https://twitter.com/sensprospects?lang=en when at work ? Could be a content security setting .. If your desktop is ghosted you may not be able to change it.

Just limited access here at work. Twitter is blocked, so that doesn't help, obviously, but we can't even download useful browsers. I'd love to use Chrome, but we're stuck with...wait for it... Internet Explorer! Haha. It's amazing how behind the times our equipment is.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Colin White is a blue chip prospect. One of the best two way forward prospects in recent memory with Top line upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->