Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk 2016-2017 | Part IV

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Am I the only one who think Lajoie is like a left handed Wideman? I'm talking about style not potential.

They both aren't big, they both move the puck very well, they both are not shy to use their body, they both skate well.

I'm very impressed with him

Boucher was more generous in his comparison. I am pretty sure when asked about him in the post game (habs) he compared him to Vlasic, going on to say he gives you mistake free hockey. It was in one of the French bits and hard to make out the question though, but I'm pretty sure he was talking about Lavoie.

NickLidstrom

Ottawa & Detroit fan
Dec 1, 2013
Umeå
Alex Burrows is a late bloomer. He was not even drafted. I used to play against him in a competitive deck hockey league and he was not allowed to shoot :laugh:

He scored 199 goals in the NHL so far. I like Burrows but hate the trade like everybody (don't think it was necessary to give a quality prospect, a 2nd or 3rd round pick should have been enough) but let's see how many Dahlen scores.

Is Filip Ahl busting? I remember he had a great NA career start but faded away quickly. He had productive playoffs though. What's going on with him? Simply a lack of speed? Should we write him off?

As someone who has watched a fair bit of Ahl, both in his time with the Pats and his time with HV71, I would be surprised if he didn't bust. He is a terrible skater and has always been a passenger on his line. Even when he has put up points (which doesn't seem to happen all that often), you usually don't notice he was in on the play until after it is announced. I am pretty sure he was drafted solely for his size, which is a bad thing considering he has never been an overly physical player. This is coming from someone who usually fawns over Swedish prospects. I wouldn't expect him to ever play for the Sens in anything more than a bottom 6 role, and even that would be wishful thinking in my opinion.

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
Is Filip Ahl busting? I remember he had a great NA career start but faded away quickly. He had productive playoffs though. What's going on with him? Simply a lack of speed? Should we write him off?

I don't think he was ever a strong candidate for the NHL, but it's not really fair to judge him when he doesn't get to play. I think going back to play overseas may have been a mistake. Hope to see him back in NA, or at least somewhere he is allowed to play soon.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I was surprised they signed Kelly, I barely noticed him at the development camp but I really liked Gennaro but he never got a contract. Hopefully he will come back next yr & get one.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
I was surprised they signed Kelly, I barely noticed him at the development camp but I really liked Gennaro but he never got a contract. Hopefully he will come back next yr & get one.
Kelly is 18, Gennaro is 20. They probably expect him to break out, so they give him contract before someone else drafts him next year.
Kinda funny that the guy was passed in the draft, yet got his contract sooner than most 1st rounders.

Reactions: Gil Scott Perron

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Never heard but it looks like he is playing in the junior league. He wasn't getting much ice time with the senior team. This will be better for him.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
^^^ Looks exactly like the Bobby Ryan OT goal in game 1 vs the Pens. Soooooo, Batherson the next Bobby Ryan?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Batherson is awesome

Hockey sense, talent, playmaking ability, size, competitiveness. He's got it all.

Looking at another late-round steal by this scouting staff.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Really liked what I saw out of Batherson during the development camp, he would be my sleeper pick to make it.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
At first I thought that he had Max McCormick potential... but looks like he's going to be better

Any early comparison?
Was talking with a friend the other day and he said the name Adam Henrique. I personally haven't seen much of him to make a comparison.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad