Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk 2016-2017 | Part IV

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
So you are wondering if an undrafted late bloomer was ever on a top 100 prospect list?

I can share this tidbit with you; he has had a better career than many of the prospects on lists of those type.

Well then acquiring him was a masterclass then

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Denial%2B2.jpg

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Batherson and Kelly both scored goals in their first games back in their respective junior leagues.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Batherson and Kelly both scored goals in their first games back in their respective junior leagues.

If nothing else this rookie tournament & pre-season of games have been really impressive with the amount of really good talent Ottawa has in their prospect pool. These guys seem to be way ahead of their development curves & it's not just a few of them but quite a few of them.

I have liked Hogberg in net; Chabot, Harpur, Jaros, Englund & Lajoie on defence; & Brown, White, Chlapik, Formenton, Batherson, Bowers, Perron, Gennaro & Kelly at forward. Some of these guys have taken a big giant leap forward IMO & are much further along than most expected.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I was really high on Brown before the draft. How is he playing?

I think you guys have a low-key top prospect pool. Thought that for a while.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I was really high on Brown before the draft. How is he playing?

I think you guys have a low-key top prospect pool. Thought that for a while.

Brown looked good against Toronto Saturday night with a goal & looked even better last night against Montreal with 2 goals & an assist.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I wonder if burrows was on any such list.

Alex Burrows is a late bloomer. He was not even drafted. I used to play against him in a competitive deck hockey league and he was not allowed to shoot :laugh:

He scored 199 goals in the NHL so far. I like Burrows but hate the trade like everybody (don't think it was necessary to give a quality prospect, a 2nd or 3rd round pick should have been enough) but let's see how many Dahlen scores.

Is Filip Ahl busting? I remember he had a great NA career start but faded away quickly. He had productive playoffs though. What's going on with him? Simply a lack of speed? Should we write him off?

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Alex Burrows is a late bloomer. He was not even drafted. I used to play against him in a competitive deck hockey league and he was not allowed to shoot :laugh:

He scored 199 goals in the NHL so far. I like Burrows but hate the trade like everybody (don't think it was necessary to give a quality prospect, a 2nd or 3rd round pick should have been enough) but let's see how many Dahlen scores.

Is Filip Ahl busting? I remember he had a great NA career start but faded away quickly. He had productive playoffs though. What's going on with him? Simply a lack of speed? Should we write him off?

Complete write-off in my opinion. He's been surpassed by virtually everyone at training camp. Too slow, lacks the drive to be an NHLer.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
¿¿¿ A Question???

I noticed V. Dunn is still up with Ottawa...... I am surprised that he is still up, how has he looked????????? Or is he injured??

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I noticed V. Dunn is still up with Ottawa...... I am surprised that he is still up, how has he looked????????? Or is he injured??

senators-reduce-camp-roster-by-22-players

according to the above Vince Dunn has been sent back to Belleville

The Ottawa Senators (@Senators) announced today they have reduced their training camp roster by 22 players. Fifteen (15) players were assigned to the team's American Hockey League affiliate in Belleville, Ont., five players were released from their National Hockey League professional tryouts and two players were returned to their Canadian Hockey League clubs.

Assigned to the Belleville Senators today were goaltenders Chris Driedger, Marcus Hogberg and Danny Taylor, defencemen Erik Burgdoerfer, Cody Donaghey, Andreas Englund, Macoy Erkamps, Christian Jaros and Patrick Sieloff and forwards Chris DiDomenico, Vincent Dunn, Gabriel Gagne, Nick Paul, Francis Perron and Ben Sexton.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Someone could both respect Alex Burrows NHL career and think that trading and signing him at the age of 36 was a mistake. Those aren't mutually exclusive options.

They are mutually exclusive options. e.g. I respect his career and I thought signing him to that 2 year extension at 36 was a mistake or I respect his career and I like the signing... or I think his carreer stunk and I dislike the signing or I think is carreer stunk and I am really glad we signed him.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
They are mutually exclusive options. e.g. I respect his career and I thought signing him to that 2 year extension at 36 was a mistake or I respect his career and I like the signing... or I think his carreer stunk and I dislike the signing or I think is carreer stunk and I am really glad we signed him.

Well, okay, if you treat it as one long statement instead of two shorter statements, there are 4 mutually exclusive options. But you're not really saying anything different.

What I'm saying is your answer to the first half (Burrows' career) does not necessarily determine your opinion on the second (Trade/Sign). If you like Burrows you could still have a negative opinion of the trade. Mr. Saurus seemed to imply that if you respect Mr. Burrows' career then you must love the trade - I'm saying that doesn't follow logically.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Well, okay, if you treat it as one long statement instead of two shorter statements, there are 4 mutually exclusive options. But you're not really saying anything different.

What I'm saying is your answer to the first half (Burrows' career) does not necessarily determine your opinion on the second (Trade/Sign). If you like Burrows you could still have a negative opinion of the trade. Mr. Saurus seemed to imply that if you respect Mr. Burrows' career then you must love the trade - I'm saying that doesn't follow logically.

Hey Hutz, how's it goin?

You said they aren't mutually exclusive is the point... and they are... there are 2 concepts...

1. feelings about Burrows Career (like it or not)
2. feelings about Burrows signing (like it or not)

these two concepts are mutually exclusive.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Max Lajoie is being sent the the AHL instead of spending another year in junior. I personally have him above Englund.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Am I the only one who think Lajoie is like a left handed Wideman? I'm talking about style not potential.

They both aren't big, they both move the puck very well, they both are not shy to use their body, they both skate well.

I'm very impressed with him

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Hey Hutz, how's it goin?

You said they aren't mutually exclusive is the point... and they are... there are 2 concepts...

1. feelings about Burrows Career (like it or not)
2. feelings about Burrows signing (like it or not)

these two concepts are mutually exclusive.

Hey SoA, I'm pretty great right now! Just chillin', y'know. Thanks for asking! How are you SoA?

Yes, you are correct the first comment should read are mutually exclusive. That's certainly what I meant to write, my mistake. Sorry about that. Slip of the finger/mind I guess. I guess that's why you should proofread. Take the second comment there as what I meant to say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->