Senators Post Playoff Wrap Up

DiamondJoeQuimby

Jun 3, 2005
New York State
I would like to offer congratulations to the Florida Panthers for winning Game 7 in OT. It was their second OT win of the series.

I think I'm just going to cut right to it with the summer planning. Right now we have 6 very strong forwards; Kesler, Zetterberg, Gionta, Havlat, Doan and Korpikoski. Ryan Jones should be good on the 3rd line.

Next year the team needs another centerman so that Kesler and Zetterberg can go on the same line. A (real life) 41 goal scorer shouldn't be on the 2nd line and neither should an 86 point HFNHL player.

I will be looking for a defensive 3rd line center. The 3rd line was a huge weakness all year. You bet I noticed that Florida's 3rd line scored twice to win Game 7 and won Game 2 in overtime. Also Havlat and/or Gionta may need to be moved to free up money.

Mike Grier and Nigel Dawes definitely will not be back. Korpikoski and Doan have each been signed to 1 year deals.

My defense needs a lot of work, it simply wasn't good enough. Lidstrom can take some time to decide whether he wants to come back. If he says he's going to play, it will probably be here unless somebody makes an offer too good to pass up.

Brian Campbell has been resigned. He accepted my 2 year offer before the trade deadline.

Andrew Alberts is decent, but he was asked to do too much this season. Could be traded, has 1 year left on his contract.

I don't know if Ruslan Salei wants to play another year. We haven't talked about a deal at this time.

Cullimore, Janik, Stafford, none of those guys will be back.

Obviously a bunch of teams will be calling about Bobrovsky. I'm sure he will be sent somewhere to a team that needs a starter. I'd like to have a deal made before the draft if picks are going to be involved. I must have at least one position player coming back in a deal that will step right in and play immediately (top 6 forward or top 4 defenseman). I think I'd prefer an already drafted guy instead of a 1st round pick.

Then it will come to Luongo. Maybe I'll move him after Bob. That would be kind of crazy, but if Lidstrom retires it may be worth exploring.

And I will absolutely not trade Ryan Kesler :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad