Post-Game Talk: Senators @ Lightning 6-4 loss

TheOriginalSilf*

Trade Bishop for a 7th or anything. Just get him off our roster so he stops taking Lehner's spot!

Benoit and Latendresse suck!

Send Phillip's to the minors!

I've bought my ticket, all aboard the tank train! MacKinnon or bust!

(am I doing it right?)

No kidding.

Why does everyone have to blow up every single time this team loses a single game? I was pissed after last night's game and I was upset with a few players, but my God, I can at least understand that it's a single game in a season where we've started 3-0 and are hindered on the blue-line with injuries/a weak roster.

One day people praise a certain player, the next, they try and run them out of town. We're no better than the general consensus of Leaf fans who do the same with their players.

Embarrassing.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Agreed. Turris has been the best forward so far this year. He has a great shot and is benefiting from playing with Alfie.

Keep the second line together. I like having 2 scoring lines instead of staking the first line.

we have no scoring lines. just turris

TheOriginalSilf*

We have played four games

Turris 5p
Spezza 4p
Michalek 4p
Alfie 3p
Silfver 1p
Latendresse 1p

We have scored 4 goals in 3 games and 3 goals in 1 game so far.. lets give them a break :naughty:

3 guys either a PPG or over a PPG?! Well, we suck. :sarcasm:

John Holmes*

If Lehner was called up he might get 10-15 games all year at best, is that good for his development? He's only 21 I believe, goalies usually take longer to develop.

Lehner is ready.

Is half a season in Bingo + 10-15 games in the NHL not good for his development?

He's ready to back up Anderson. He might be ready to challenge him for the #1 job.

Bishop is the expendable one. He has no future in Ottawa, he is blocking Lehner, and worst of all, he sucks.

He cost us a win.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Bishop should be alright, he alwayys seems to have a slow start. Didn't he lose his first game he played for Ottawa last season & then began to play well. And didn't he lose his first game in Bingo this yr & then began to play well. We have seen him play well & I have confidence he will again, he just needs a little time & patience.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I agree for the most part with all of this and I actually like how Bishop was tracking the puck throughout the game after the first goal. However, as to the bolded, I think Bishop deserves some criticism for the way he handled (in this case failed to handle) the dump in.

Here comes the puck around the net and Bishop follows with Phillip's behind. Rather than stopping it for his D man or playing it forcefully out the other side to avoid a chasing Conacher, Bishop just skates around the net and lets it slide. Phillip's, thinking that his goalie has come out of his net with some sort of purpose in mind, stops his stride and is overtaken by Conacher who comes out the other side unchallenged with seemingly endless space to make a play. Conacher throws it quickly to the point where Sami Salo can unload one of his vintage slappers through a crowd for Ryan Malone to tip in for the game tying goal. Impossible to stop? Likely on it's face but what led to it was ***** communication between Bishop and his D.

This **** annoys me. The D man cannot be expected to read Bishop's mind every time he gets it into his head to do some ridiculous slight of hand manoeuvre behind his net.

This has happened more than once and it's something I've noticed since we got him. I don't buy the excuse that the D just isn't used to him. Sometimes stupid is just stupid.

I see... and well, I never said that Bishop was great last night. He looked like a very rusty goalie (at least for the NHL). He looked very nervous too, maybe he felt that pressure because he knows many scouts are after him right now.

That being said, I know he can do a lot better.... however I don't think he'll ever be good at handling the puck. I agree he made Phillips looked bad a couple times... I think that's why some people are on Phillips arsh

Why would you rather have Lehner sit on the bench and only play a handful of games vs start in Bingo?

How will not letting him play hockey help him at all?

It was sarcasm... The "Am I doing it right?" at the end suggests that he was laughing at people panicking like 12 y/o girls.

Why does everyone have to blow up every single time this team loses a single game? I was pissed after last night's game and I was upset with a few players, but my God, I can at least understand that it's a single game in a season where we've started 3-0 and are hindered on the blue-line with injuries/a weak roster.

One day people praise a certain player, the next, they try and run them out of town. We're no better than the general consensus of Leaf fans who do the same with their players.

Embarrassing.

Yeah, that's exactly what I am trying to say. We look like we have a serious inferiority complex and maniaco-depressive going from "over-confidence" to "blow everything up" from game to game... How can you be in glory one day and on suicide watch the next day?

Bishop is the expendable one. He has no future in Ottawa, he is blocking Lehner, and worst of all, he sucks.

He cost us a win.

:laugh:

No.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Bishop did cost us the win. His horrid rebound control in the first goal, his horrific puck-handling that resulted into miss communication and SLOW retrieval to the net on the game tying goal as well. Anderson stops both those and we looking at a 4-2 victory. He was also so hesitant in net.

P.S. I'm actually one supporting Bishop but you can't blame anyone else on that loss than him.

TkachukMyAho

Apr 13, 2007
Lehner is ready.

Is half a season in Bingo + 10-15 games in the NHL not good for his development?

He's ready to back up Anderson. He might be ready to challenge him for the #1 job.

He cost us a win.

This is the truth right here, folks. Bishop was worth his weight in gold when he stop-gapped us during a trip to the playoffs last year but he is no longer in the plans here. Lehner needs to be up here.

Midas0

Only the best Scouts
Dec 12, 2009
Peterborough, ON
I was pretty mad about Bishop last night, but upon further consideration I realized that it's just ONE game -.- ... If he blows in a few more then I will be convinced he's crap, but until then, ONE game isn't anywhere near a large enough sample to size to draw conclusions.

zeddyp

Feb 18, 2012
Toronto
lol...I only got to see 5 minutes of the game...but holy ***** people...1 bad game and you guys turn into a bunch of mental patients...

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Don't get excited folks I've figured out who's to blame for this loss.

It's squarely on Alex Auld. If he hadn't sucked so badly last year Bryan Murray would never have traded for Bishop when Anderson got hurt. This year Lehner would have been the backup and played this game. It goes without saying that he would have had a shutout. On top of that we'd have picked up a star player with that 2nd round pick.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
A point a game from Turris, Spezza and Karlsson isn't enough for you?? You expect ottawa to win every game with 5 or 6 goals??

the way the team has been playing it's not enough to win games against good teams. so no it's not enough for me.
there are good things about the team so far. the top 6 lines are not any of them. and that is the only thing i'm talking about here - top 6 chemistry. it's sub par right now.

but if you don't like listening to me, then how about the coach. he did not like anyone's game on friday.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
the way the team has been playing it's not enough to win games against good teams. so no it's not enough for me.
there are good things about the team so far. the top 6 lines are not any of them. and that is the only thing i'm talking about here - top 6 chemistry. it's sub par right now.

but if you don't like listening to me, then how about the coach. he did not like anyone's game on friday.

Maclean was being a good coach when he said that, he didn't want to single out players and demoralize them early in the season. Calling out a first line veteran is OK at mid season, calling out anybody, especially rookies after the 4th game of the season is a great way to sour somebody.

Jan 24, 2006
Ottawa

Wow you expect a lot out of this young senators team. This team is in a rebuilding year and is fourth in the eastern conference but yet your are unhappy with productivity.

Per most nhl forecasters and predictions this team is not even suppose to be fighting for a playoff spot.

So far I would say the team is doing just fine. Ride Anderson and let the 1a and 1b lines play together and with time they will develop more chemistry.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Burn the Bishop! Huge five hole and shows no heart. I dont care if we trade him for a 4th and he ends up leading the league in GAA a la Elliot. Bishop is not a winner and does not belong on this club.

So I'm going over this thread and I come across this. That has to be the most overacting post I've read in a while. CHILL. OUT.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
28_21cdce_cce96eb2_tn.jpg.thumb

:laugh: Does not reflect my opinion on Bishop. Just bored and learning how to use GIMP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad