Senators hire new Chief Marketing Officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Yeesh, some of you are relentless. SensComms is actually making an effort here. You know, the exact thing we have all been asking for.

Showing your colours for sure.

You cannot be surprised

Last edited by a moderator:

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Yeesh, some of you are relentless. SensComms is actually making an effort here. You know, the exact thing we have all been asking for.

Showing your colours for sure.

Yup, it is embarrassing. Every thread is littered with hateful spew these days and attacks on those who show any small amount of positivity.

Maybe a touch more of moderating would help.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Yup, it is embarrassing. Every thread is littered with hateful spew these days and attacks on those who show any small amount of positivity.

Maybe a touch more of moderating would help.

And to think some people actually think this forum would be a good fan feedback source for the Senators Organization.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
No posts since 2016, looks like Uncle Euge used the money in the refinancing to hire some comms staff. Welcome back!

Maybe he should move to focus on scouting and player development and maybe fire that creep running the show in Belleville. Also, maybe get that generational defenceman and all of our other free agents signed.

You know, there are ways to get a complaint across without being so blunt. A wee bit of sugar mixed in with the medicine can go a long way.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Perhaps my point was intended to be blunt?

Ever have a friend who drops f-bombs every 5 seconds? After awhile, everything he says loses weight and meaning. But that mousy girl in the corner, who barely speaks up....the one time she drops an f-bomb, everyone listens.

Same thing applies here. You need to sprinkle a few different types of posts in the pile sometimes. If every post is negative from any particular poster, then folks stop listening.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
I think whatever effort done by the organization to get in touch with the fans is too little too late at this point. After finishing 2nd last in the league the team actually got worse. The organization is a huge mess, Randy Lee is still employed by this team??? I’m sure this new CMO is very qualified (she was a season ticket owner after all...) but no amount of marketing can fix what Melnyk has done to his OWN asset. I don’t care how many surveys they do.

I’m 100% not spending another dime (merch or tickets) as long as Melnyk is owner and I know A LOT of people with the same attitude.

Heady Topper

Apr 11, 2018
I think whatever effort done by the organization to get in touch with the fans is too little too late at this point. After finishing 2nd last in the league the team actually got worse. The organization is a huge mess, Randy Lee is still employed by this team??? I’m sure this new CMO is very qualified (she was a season ticket owner after all...) but no amount of marketing can fix what Melnyk has done to his OWN asset. I don’t care how many surveys they do.

I’m 100% not spending another dime (merch or tickets) as long as Melnyk is owner and I know A LOT of people with the same attitude.

This sums it up for me (and a lot of people I know as well). Unless your slogan is "United in Red, it's cool, Melnyk sold the team, you can come back now", I don't see things getting better. Had Melnyk stopped his antics after the first few mishaps, maybe he would've been fine. Heck, maybe people would have let go of the Alfie SNAFU. But the damage he's done, the Heritage Classic, throwing employees under the bus, firing good people with ties to this community, publicly supporting a sexual harasser (which to me explains why Lee is still with the organization. Melnyk doesn't seem to realize this is wrong...), Anselmi leaving cause of "the craziness" etc. is irreparable. He's chosen to step into the spotlight, most didn't like what they saw and now no amount of marketing will make anyone forget that he owns this team.

I do wish Aimee the best of luck, I'm sure she's very competent (so were many others who have been let go because Melnyk completely lacks self-awareness), and I hope she can last until we hopefully see a change in ownership. That's when I feel we'll see the people in this organizations talents, be it marketing, new team president, general manager, etc.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
The one thing that struck me from the Ottawa Citizen news story on this new CMO hire is that the team only finally paid the last CMO last month after its new refinancing deal went through. That’s a little scary. Sounds more like the team couldn’t pay O’Leary and not wouldn’t pay him. Sigh.

Reactions: Deku

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

I don't think it is ever too late. I don't think it should be too little too late.

At some point, people will have to get over themselves and their high horses to pontificate and judge every single move of the organization, while many live contrary to what they preach. If people think an organization reaching out to their fanbase is not worth doing, then do not complain that they do not market, or try things.

Random, not directed at you completely, but a general statement to many who have a poisonous attitude about everything Senators-related.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I bet she's under Melnyk in more ways than one....:sarcasm:
This sums it up for me (and a lot of people I know as well). Unless your slogan is "United in Red, it's cool, Melnyk sold the team, you can come back now", I don't see things getting better. Had Melnyk stopped his antics after the first few mishaps, maybe he would've been fine. Heck, maybe people would have let go of the Alfie SNAFU. But the damage he's done, the Heritage Classic, throwing employees under the bus, firing good people with ties to this community, publicly supporting a sexual harasser (which to me explains why Lee is still with the organization. Melnyk doesn't seem to realize this is wrong...), Anselmi leaving cause of "the craziness" etc. is irreparable. He's chosen to step into the spotlight, most didn't like what they saw and now no amount of marketing will make anyone forget that he owns this team.

I do wish Aimee the best of luck, I'm sure she's very competent (so were many others who have been let go because Melnyk completely lacks self-awareness), and I hope she can last until we hopefully see a change in ownership. That's when I feel we'll see the people in this organizations talents, be it marketing, new team president, general manager, etc.

You have laid out your conditions to being a fan of this team. So why are you here then? You have given ample reasons to not support the team.

Reactions: Variable26

Heady Topper

Apr 11, 2018
I don't think it is ever too late. I don't think it should be too little too late.

At some point, people will have to get over themselves and their high horses to pontificate and judge every single move of the organization, while many live contrary to what they preach. If people think an organization reaching out to their fanbase is not worth doing, then do not complain that they do not market, or try things.

Random, not directed at you completely, but a general statement to many who have a poisonous attitude about everything Senators-related.

You're purposely spinning it as negativity towards everything Sens related when you know, and everyone here knows that the negativity is directed towards Melnyk and everything he's done. If anything, I wonder why I'm wasting my time replying to you.

If you, tnuc and a few others choose to support a man who treats others like crap, tries to defend someone like Lee and alienates everyone around him, that says more about you and your priorities than it does about me.

Last edited:

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

Random, not directed at you completely, but a general statement to many who have a poisonous attitude about everything SenatorsMelnyk-related.

Unless the guy does a 180 im out and no amount of BS he spews will get me back I hate the man and have negative trust in him, he can speak up with his actions which again have been nothing but negative, he has had his chances and his time is come, his relationship is irreparable with the city of Ottawa and the core of Sens fans imo and he has literally nobody to blame but himself, Zero sympathy from me.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017

People's issue is with the owner, but you continue to pretend that it is impossible to love the Sens and refuse to support the team financially until Melnyk sells.

As long as people like you continue to blindly hand over your money to Melnyk you contribute to him maintaining control of the franchise.

YOU are the problem.

Reactions: Chezzz

DDT

Aug 18, 2008

Oh, the irony...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->