GDT: Senators @ Devils - 7PM Dec-21 - Winter Is Coming Edition - TSN5 (and nowhere else)

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Time and time again Boucher has the psychology all wrong. He doesn't know how to keep the discipline and the work ethic together.

I think we need to put some of that on the players, too. How many times over the years do these guys look rusty, or have poor second periods? All too often. Where is the personal pride and drive to be the best? These guys are adults, they shouldn't need a coach shouting in their ears to work harder.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
[Mod QDP]

You think? I don't think he has done anything special to deserve one. I think its pretty low risk to try out someone new and see if they can do better.

No idea if hes still in the mix, but my first thought is if you want a coach to get the most out of a lackluster roster then look to Ted Nolan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
[Mod QDP]

This team can't play D at all. The team looked completely unprepared despite plenty of rest and Jersey having played last night.

How in the world does he deserve it. This team is a disaster.

Last edited by a moderator:

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Andy was due for a poor outing, and sure enough he delivered one. You don't win many games where your goalie is rocking an .800 save percentage. No, not all of them were his fault, but a couple of them were muffins, in particular the Hall goal between the wickets. You have to make that save in the NHL.

Of course, it wasn't all on him - that Keystone Cops first power play was a sign of things to come. It would have been funny if it wasn't so sad. Two shorthanded breakaways in the same power play? Are you kidding me?

That should have been a long 90 minute flight home - there were two points to be had tonight, and we coughed up a furball. How can you ask fans to buy in when you deliver horrid outings like that? Embarrassing game all around...

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Andy was due for a poor outing, and sure enough he delivered one. You don't win many games where your goalie is rocking an .800 save percentage. No, not all of them were his fault, but a couple of them were muffins, in particular the Hall goal between the wickets. You have to make that save in the NHL.

Of course, it wasn't all on him - that Keystone Cops first power play was a sign of things to come. It would have been funny if it wasn't so sad. Two shorthanded breakaways in the same power play? Are you kidding me?

That should have been a long 90 minute flight home - there were two points to be had tonight, and we coughed up a furball. How can you ask fans to buy in when you deliver horrid outings like that? Embarrassing game all around...
It’s never Anderson’s faukt

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think we need to put some of that on the players, too. How many times over the years do these guys look rusty, or have poor second periods? All too often. Where is the personal pride and drive to be the best? These guys are adults, they shouldn't need a coach shouting in their ears to work harder.
Well this is a complete new team new players.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

Let’s hitch our horse to a 37 year old goalie. Sounds like a great time.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
[Mod QDP]

You think? I don't think he has done anything special to deserve one. I think its pretty low risk to try out someone new and see if they can do better.

No idea if hes still in the mix, but my first thought is if you want a coach to get the most out of a lackluster roster then look to Ted Nolan.

I genuinely believe he's a good coach. He has shown this year that he's adaptable. He has implemented some systems that has allowed young players to gain confidence. We're performing much better than expected. We're seeing a consistent progression as the season goes. The kids are getting better and better.

Having a steady environment is important for the rebuild.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Having a good environment is important for the rebuild.

FTFY. I don't want steady shite. I want a good environment. GB doesn't provide a good environment. I'd argue that the prospects are (for the most part) doing well in spite of GB and not because of him. The way we lose the games can't be good for the young guys.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
No 1st
Stone and Duchene UFAs to be

Dorion is never going to GM again after this gig

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Full rebuilds take a long time. Our rebuild in 2011 was good enough to get us into the playoffs twice then miss. Followed by repeated joining and missing the playoffs , new coaches, different players. Eventually you can patch your team so many times until you need to restart.

Teams like Colorado and Winnipeg were made fun of for years being a bottom team but finally getting the benefit from it.

Frustration from this type of rebuild is because it's something many fans haven't gone through before. All teams do it though, in every major sport.

On paper we were a good team last year, but we played like shit. We were also spending and playing like shit. People expected Melnyk to continue spending while the team was playing like shit. This year we're playing hard and playing as a team, but we're young and it's ok for young guys to make mistakes! This is the time to make them.

Last edited:
Reactions: swiftwin

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I don't think I've ever sworn at my tv as much as I did last night. I packed it in after 2.

Anderson has to be better.

Far too many soft plays with sticks.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Let’s hitch our horse to a 37 year old goalie. Sounds like a great time.

The plan was to be able to use Condon as a pretty strong 1A, and even a guy who could challenge Anderson for the starter's role when Anderson faltered. Needless to say, that's gone out the window...

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I genuinely believe he's a good coach. He has shown this year that he's adaptable. He has implemented some systems that has allowed young players to gain confidence. We're performing much better than expected. We're seeing a consistent progression as the season goes. The kids are getting better and better.

Having a steady environment is important for the rebuild.

He's an awful coach, Your opinion sucks.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
I just don't feel that this is a rebuild at all. This is all about an owner trying to ice a team below the cap floor and rake in as much as he can for as long as he can. A rebuild imply s we are building towards something and I just do not see what the plan is here but to pay as little as possible for as long as possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->