Post-Game Talk: Senators def. Canucks - 6-2 (Gaudette, Baertschi)

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Lines to be posted as soon as they are available.

Boeser is in concussion protocol, unlikely to play (ditto for Fantenberg).

Ferland returned to practice yesterday after missing almost a week with a virus. Status for tonight is questionable.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Chatfield!?
angry_pepe.jpg

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat
So no first line and no top pairing D. One last look for the bubble players I supposed, gotta think the final game will be a lot closer to our starting night roster.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
We'll see how Green sets em up...
does he audition style or, ready for the season style...

Audition style:

Goldobin-Horvat-Miller
Pearson-Gaudette-Baertschi
MacEwen-Sutter-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Motte

Put Goldy and Gaudette in a situations where they have few excuses.

Reactions: wreckless

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Would like to see if Baertschi-Sutter-Virtanen can muster chemistry...
Would be huge for the depth if so.

79-40-6
70-53-9
47-20-18
17-83-64/59

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
looks like everybody who might be on the bubble is dressing. with all those bottom of the roster guys trying to impress it should be a shit show.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Even if it Tierney was in the line up something tells me it wouldn’t be a good idea to goon up a friend of your new captain and indeed a guy who is friends with a good chunk of the roster. I’m going with MS on this one. The Fantenberg hit was bad and intentional. The Boeser hit was something that went bad from a player who doesn’t play that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: MS

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Can somebody explain to me how this 'concussion protocol' actually works? Fantenberg was off the ice immediately and into the dressing-room. But arguably their most valuable player is hit from behind into the boards, and apparently concussed. But kept playing for the rest of the night.

And one last question. Do the Canucks medical and training staff belong as extras in 'The Longest Yard', or on an NHL bench?

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Can somebody explain to me how this 'concussion protocol' actually works? Fantenberg was off the ice immediately and into the dressing-room. But arguably their most valuable player is hit from behind into the boards, and apparently concussed. But kept playing for the rest of the night.

And one last question. Do the Canucks medical and training staff belong as extras in 'The Longest Yard', or on an NHL bench?

I think there is supposed to be an NHL spotter that will pull a guy off after a suspected headshot for quiet time and testing before returning to the ice. They are tested against baseline brain function results for the player taken at the beginning of camp. Not sure if they are present during pre-season games though or perhaps they didn't deem it necessary to pull him off.

Not really sure but you can read all about it here: NHL updates concussion protocol

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Chatfield!?
angry_pepe.jpg

Perhaps he's just preseason fillin fodder. They aren't looking at defencemen on the bubble tonight. Tanev, Benn, Stecher and Hughes are locks and Brisebois and Chatfield aren't making the team ahead of Biega and Fantenberg. Chatfield and Brisebois fill in to give a couple of older regulars some rest, give management some idea of how the kids are progressing and give them some experience against better competition than they'll face on a regular basis in the AHL.

Funny pic, btw.

Reactions: geebaan

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Watching the Blue Jays game and an alert just popped up.

"Senators vs Cancuks can be seen on Sportsnet one"

Probably just an honest mistake :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad