GDT: Senators @ Coyotes - Ugly Edition - 8PM EST - City TV (National TV)

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
Solid time for a loss. I hate tanking but it is what it is....fall for Dahl!

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
Personally, I'd rather climb to 10th last so we can just give Colorado our pick this year and not have to worry about it next year. Odds of that are fading fast, though.

Why?...I thought the plan was to be a playoff team again next year according to the ORG. :D

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
It's unbelievable that we're 5 points out of last place. Two weeks ago, I thought The Coyotes were way too far below us to catch up (or is it catch down?) with.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It's unbelievable that we're 5 points out of last place. Two weeks ago, I thought The Coyotes were way too far below us to catch up (or is it catch down?) with.
SdCgxJ.jpg

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
C’mon. Let’s be fair. There was a lot of wine, women and song to be had in Sin City. They needed a break tonight.

All in for Dahlin! (Or the other guy)

Let's get off to Svechnikov? (or whatever the spelling is)

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Why?...I thought the plan was to be a playoff team again next year according to the ORG. :D

You joke, but I do have different ideas. I'm ready for a blow up. Like, this is blasphemy, but I could see myself not being angry at a Karlsson trade, provided the return is good enough. So it's hard for me to say, but I'd love to see us move up to a spot where losing our draft pick this year is palatable, get a top 2 or 3 pick + young very promising prospect ++ for Karl and then just hard tank next year and put ourselves in lottery position then. Sign Matt Duchene (because otherwise wtf?) and trade every vet with value except Mark Stone, and possibly Mike Hoffman (I know).

It's not gonna happen that way, but I honestly think that's the best way forward.

Oh and trade Melnyk.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Does Boucher have Smith, Burrows, and Pyatt out there with 2:30 to go if this game was in November?

"Probably not."

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
You joke, but I do have different ideas. I'm ready for a blow up. Like, this is blasphemy, but I could see myself not being angry at a Karlsson trade, provided the return is good enough. So it's hard for me to say, but I'd love to see us move up to a spot where losing our draft pick this year is palatable, get a top 2 or 3 pick + young very promising prospect ++ for Karl and then just hard tank next year and put ourselves in lottery position then. Sign Matt Duchene (because otherwise wtf?) and trade every vet with value except Mark Stone, and possibly Mike Hoffman (I know).

It's not gonna happen that way, but I honestly think that's the best way forward.

Oh and trade Melnyk.

I think most of us would be ok with a Karlsson trade if the return was adequate.

Problem is, an adequate return seems very unlikely.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
I think most of us would be ok with a Karlsson trade if the return was adequate.

Problem is, an adequate return seems very unlikely.

Well fair enough. From what I saw and heard near the deadline seemed like most fans were totally against the proposal. I guess maybe that's a more casual fan perspective, which I get. Most of us are here because we're a little more hardcore than your average fan, so trading a franchise player for future success might be more palatable for your average hf sens poster.

That said, I would have been incredibly surprised if anything came close to being adequate at the trade deadline. If there's a good deal to be made, it's going to be this offseason.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Man on that second goal karlsson didn’t even both skating to tie up that guys stick in front

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Personally, I'd rather climb to 10th last so we can just give Colorado our pick this year and not have to worry about it next year. Odds of that are fading fast, though.
Umm what? Do you know how long of a season it would be hoping to be as bad as we are this year? There's no guarantee that we're this bad next year. If we get a top 3 pick this year you take it.

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna

Oh and trade Melnyk.

Please give an example of a small market team blowing it up and becoming successful?

There are two ways to be a winning team in this parity league on our budget. Hit the jackpot in the draft for a few years (ala Pens, Leafs) or to progressively get better each year like the California teams.

If we blow this team up our mamagement is too incompetent to to build out of it. We are lucky to have Karlsson, Stone, Hoffman, Duch to build around. It is highly unlikely we build a bettee core than we have now. More likely we would pull a Buffalo or Edmonton and just be trash for a decade due to incompetent front office.... No thanks.

10th place is the worst thing that could happen to this franchise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flamingo

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I’m new to this tanking thing but this feels like a big accomplishment

The Leafs tanked and succeeded with some excellent draft picks.

The writing was in the wall that our goalies we not up to scratch this year and the team chemistry for some strange reason was messed up.

Let’s hope we pick well this draft!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->