Pre-Game Talk: Senators @ Coyotes 10/15 (10 p.m. eastern, 7 p.m. pacific)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Afraid to agree with you simply because if I do it will be because I don't like Conacher, but I do agree!!!

The argument is not about who is kicked out of the top six because the logical choice is Conacher. I simply stated its too bad because he hasn't played his way out of a spot. They moved Ryan into his spot which was logical, putting Conacher on that mess of a first line would be a mistake better to put a veteran like Greening.
Conacher only had a few first period shifts in the top six last game and it made sense. It is just too bad he loses a spot due to the first line troubles :shakehead

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
No need to watch the games just look at the stats ?

Well other than a few very good individual plays where he has used his speed to create an opportunity Conacher hasn't generated much with Turris and MacArthur.

It is my opinion Conacher would do much better on the third line left wing with Zibby than on the right side of Turris on the second line.

Of course for this to happen BM has to bring Zibby back, until then I would leave Conacher where he is.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Well other than a few very good individual plays where he has used his speed to create an opportunity Conacher hasn't generated much with Turris and MacArthur.

It is my opinion Conacher would do much better on the third line left wing with Zibby than on the right side of Turris on the second line.

Of course for this to happen BM has to bring Zibby back, until then I would leave Conacher where he is.

Ya that second line was a mess !!

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
The argument is not about who is kicked out of the top six because the logical choice is Conacher. I simply stated its too bad because he hasn't played his way out of a spot. They moved Ryan into his spot which was logical, putting Conacher on that mess of a first line would be a mistake better to put a veteran like Greening.
Conacher only had a few first period shifts in the top six last game and it made sense. It is just too bad he loses a spot due to the first line troubles :shakehead

IMO he never should have been asked to play in the top six, I honestly believe he ended up there because of the Zibby demotion and for the reason you previously posted.

With Zibby gone the third line center was going to be one of Da Costa or Pageau, both smaller players. Putting Conacher with either of them would have created a line that was more than likely too small to be effective, specially if Condra is added to the mix.

I could suggest the Turris-MacArthur-Conacher line is too small to create the optimum setup and the presence of Ryan or Michalek would make a difference, as we saw.

Last edited:

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
I hope the identity they are trying to forge is 'good NHL hockey team'.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Conacher has looked FAR more dangerous than Spezza. Give your head a shake.

Spezza has a goal and an assist in four games playing with a sore groin and against the opposition's top defenders.

So please spare me this type of comparison.

I am not suggesting Conacher has been the worst of the top six, but unfortunately he may not be part of the solution either at this point in time.

Spezza isn't a 100% and/or is having trouble getting in sync with Ryan. Spezza has had success with Michalek and Greening.

So Ryan is the obvious candidate to play with Turris and that displaces Conacher.

Should Conacher go to the left side and bump MacArthur? If it was my decision I wouldn't make that move.

I would rather see Conacher take Greening's spot on the LW and recall Zibby to take the 3rd line center role.

IMO Conacher would score more with Zibanejad as his center than being the third wheel on the Turris line.

Last edited:

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Spezza has a goal and an assist in four games playing with a sore groin and against the opposition's top defenders.

So please spare me this type of comparison.

I am not suggesting Conacher has been the worst of the top six, but unfortunately he may not be part of the solution either at this point in time.

Spezza isn't a 100% and/or is having trouble getting in sync with Ryan. Spezza has had success with Michalek and Greening.

So Ryan is the obvious candidate to play with Turris and that displaces Conacher.

Should Conacher go to the left side and bump MacArthur? If it was my decision I wouldn't make that move.

I would rather see Conacher take Greening's spot on the LW and recall Zibby to take the 3rd line center role.

IMO Conacher would score more with Zibanejad as his center than being the third wheel on the Turris line.

I have no problem with this, I have stated before I think we could be a top 9 team with a forth line. But to do that #freemika

SelleckStache

Mar 12, 2007
Ottawa
We'd still have only 2 wins out of 6 games. We'd have 6 points but our winning percentage would not be .500 but rather .333.

I guess I just count it differently

That's right but, with the loser point, points percentage is a more accurate metric than win percentage.

at 2-2-2 the Sens would have won 50% of the available points.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Ya that second line was a mess !!

While the second line has looked better than the rest may I suggest being the best of the worst isn't a great honor.

The problem I have with the Turris line is how the shots are distributed, MacArthur 15, Turris 13, Conacher 7.

Conacher either isn't getting shooting opportunities or he isn't shooting, IMO it is the former not the latter.

What makes me think a change on the Turris line might work better for the Sens is after just a few shifts Turris finds Ryan, yet it seems Turris can seldom find Conacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->