Pre-Game Talk: Senators @ Coyotes 10/15 (10 p.m. eastern, 7 p.m. pacific)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Hope turris starts with Ryan and Mac on his wings.

We brought Ryan here to play on the first line.

Unless Spezza is getting demoted to 2nd line duty until he get's his war face on, then Ryan will probably be playing with Spezza to start the game.

That said, I think the guys need a good wake-up before game time. MacLean should get all the guys together and lead them for a job around Phoenix to make sure everyone is awake and ready come game time.

Our D has been asleep to start every game so far, and we can surrender the opening goal every night if we hope to compete for the division title this season.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
We'd still have only 2 wins out of 6 games. We'd have 6 points but our winning percentage would not be .500 but rather .333.

I guess I just count it differently

Loser points are valuable but I count like you although I've heard a lot of pundits do it the other way.

Under the previous divisional / conference arrangement based on averages you needed to be just above .500 in wins and loses plus have another dozen or so loser points yet I kept hearing radio analysts tell callers and e-mailers that a team was fine because they were playing at or close to .500. They were using points when clearly the team had far more losses and wouldn't make the playoffs playing at that rate. That always bugged me coming from even those that are so called experts and even some ex-players.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Spezza was skating really well, especially vs San Jose. Vs SJ he was skating the best I've seen him in years.

What... are you serious, bro?

Spezza was on the ice for 4 shots for and 24 shots against in 2 games. Think about that for a second.

Spezza in the last 2 games was the worst I've seen Spezza in half a decade.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Dear Sens,

Tonight versus Phoenix I would really appreciate if you could #1) score the first goal of the game, #2) keep phoenix under 40 shots and #3) Mr refs could you gave us more than 1 powerplay please!!!

WhiteLight*

We brought Ryan here to play on the first line.

Unless Spezza is getting demoted to 2nd line duty until he get's his war face on, then Ryan will probably be playing with Spezza to start the game.

That said, I think the guys need a good wake-up before game time. MacLean should get all the guys together and lead them for a job around Phoenix to make sure everyone is awake and ready come game time.

Our D has been asleep to start every game so far, and we can surrender the opening goal every night if we hope to compete for the division title this season.

Spezza should only play with Ryan on the PP.

They've been a disaster 5-on-5. Scary bad. No offense and no defense.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
You may be right it's just too bad Conacher may lose a spot in the top six due to no fault of his own. The 3rd and 4th lines haven't been a factor at all. #freemika

Conacher may actually benefit playing alongside Pageau.

Greening-Spezza-Michalek
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Conacher-Pageau-Condra
Smith-DaCosta/Zibanejad-Neil

Could work.

WhiteLight*

You may be right it's just too bad Conacher may lose a spot in the top six due to no fault of his own. The 3rd and 4th lines haven't been a factor at all. #freemika

Conacher has less points than every single top 6 forward. He has 1 goal in 5 games playing with Turris the #1C.

Sorry but I think it's his fault.

WhiteLight*

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Greening - Spezza - Michalek
Conacher - Zibanejad - Smith
Condra - O'Brien - Neil

Condra and Jimmy together + Ryan away from Spezza + Greening with Spezza + Smith away from Neil + Zibanejad in = win

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Turris hatty tonight. 28-3 loss. Melynk can't afford new goalie pads so Maclean decides to go with 6 skaters after we let 76 shots through in the first period.

WhiteLight*

No need to watch the games just look at the stats ?

Conacher has ''hustled'' more than Spezza and Michalek, but that doesn't mean he's better offensively than they are. Concaher is the least effective offensive player in the top 6 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad