Value of: Semyon Varlamov

Cable

Feb 13, 2010
Hello,

Would like to know his current trade value? I believe he’d be a nice fit in Florida, Philadelphia, and St. Louis. Therefore, what would it take for either of those teams to acquire him, especially when Colorado already has another solid netminder.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Given the general low trade value of goaltenders overall and his pending UFA status next summer, I am not sure that his value would be high. Honestly, he has more value to the Avs playing out the season in a strong manner. The organization can make a decision at that point. If he walks in free agency, his cap space becomes an asset to the Avs.

I certainly don't foresee the Avs trading him to the Blues this season.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
I'm pretty certain Carolina would be in on this.

There was some talk after the Gru trade that they had inquired, only to be shot down with Sakic saying he wanted to carry both, with Francouz in the AHL to adjust to NA ice and as depth. For that matter, probably interested in Francouz too.

Basically, as soon as Colorado decides to move a goalie, the Canes will be waiting to hear the price.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I can't see him being moved in-season. If he gets injured and Francouz shows he can be an NHL goaltender, then maybe. But outside of that the most likely situation is that he walks.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Colorado needs the goalie depth. You can't throw a goalie who's never played a full workload into the fire. Look what happened to Darling. You have to ease them back into a starters role and Gru isn't there yet.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
I would rather hoard goalies. Having two good goalies is underrated. Helps you pick up those few extra points you need for making playoffs. Plus if one has a bad stretch or gets injured going into playoffs your not automatically screwed.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Id basically make him unavailable to St. Louis. Give them a good goalie, and they’d be pretty scary. Pass.

From the east coast teams, I’d listen to offers, but it’d take more than FMV. The goalies are one of two reasons we’re winning right now. I’d rather have the 1 seasons worth of wins than what we gave up for Grubauer. They’d have to be pretty desperate to pull something off.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
Yeah I don’t see him being traded to the blues. If St. Louis got goaltending from a high school caliber tender right now we would have more points. This is atrocious here in the Lou.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Right now hes simply not available. Avs probably have the best goaltending duo in the league right now. We need to take advantage of that and make gains in the standings early on.

Once the deadline rolls around things could change. From an asset management perspective it would make a tonne of sense to move him and roll with Grubs and Francouz.

But only if we get a really good return. Along the lines of a 1st + good prospect. Otherwise we need to keep him for the playoff push.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I liked what someone else posted in a previous thread, can’t remember who though.

Flames: Brodie + Smith for Varlamov with an extension in place

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I liked what someone else posted in a previous thread, can’t remember who though.

No point for the Avs because we don't really need Brodie. He's a good player, but the left side is Girard, Cole and Zadorov. Not really a lot of incentive to have Brodie over any of them, all things considered. And Varly > Smith.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

A defenseman we don’t need and a goalie we definitely don’t need. I don’t like it.

Varlamov rides out the year with the Avs unless Sakic can acquire a good forward for him.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
I'm pretty certain Carolina would be in on this.

There was some talk after the Gru trade that they had inquired, only to be shot down with Sakic saying he wanted to carry both, with Francouz in the AHL to adjust to NA ice and as depth. For that matter, probably interested in Francouz too.

Basically, as soon as Colorado decides to move a goalie, the Canes will be waiting to hear the price.

Unless the price is very low, the Canes will not be inquiring.
According to Rod Brind Amour, Darling was, far and away, the best goalie in camp this season. He was like a different player from last season. They won't be looking for another goalie until they see if Darling can carry that level of play into games. On top of that, Mrazek has been good and McGoalie has been okay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad