Prospect Info: Semyon Der-Arguchintsev

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
He's actually not as small as I thought. I think he just looks young and that makes him seem a little smaller in stature.

5'10" and 160 lbs. I could see him pushing 6' and could likely compete real well at 175 lbs (same as Marner). He won some puck battles last night and didn't shy away from the physical game. He's the type pf player you don't want to see put on too much size and lose his game. Just enough weight to be build resiliency when competing at the professional level.

I believe SDA was drafted with the pick scooped up from trading down and drafting Sandin. Dubas - You're a genius!~!!

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
while forward Semyon Der-Arguchintsev has been loaned to the Peterborough Petes (OHL).

there was a thread recently with a lot of condescending comments about him goign to the AHL. a swing and a miss by the masses again

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
while forward Semyon Der-Arguchintsev has been loaned to the Peterborough Petes (OHL).

there was a thread recently with a lot of condescending comments about him goign to the AHL. a swing and a miss by the masses again
Lol what?

I think you might be mistaking SDA for someone else. He wasnt even eligible for the AHL so i doubt you were reading many if any suggesting that.

Reactions: Kurtz

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Hoping this thread will be booming all season long with SDA giving us a ton of highlights to post from the Petes games.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
He reminds me a bit of Brayden Point whom I saw play a lot in the WHL.

Difference is, Point is near McDavid level in speed. I think SDA has great mechanics, just doesn't have adult level strength in his legs (which could contribute to a "speed" increase). In that case, it would be a colossal steal.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Difference is, Point is near McDavid level in speed. I think SDA has great mechanics, just doesn't have adult level strength in his legs (which could contribute to a "speed" increase). In that case, it would be a colossal steal.
Change of speed is more useful,SDA has that, should get better as he gets that mature strength...top end is nice but being able to 'keep them guessing' is better.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I didn't understand this signing at the time and still don't. I get he's young but he's never shown he can even be above average in the OHL. Now this year in his D+1 season he has 1 goal in 21 games and is -17 on a team who should be top 4/5 in their conference. And just 34 shots in the 21 games. He generates no offence and is so small, so if he's not scoring, he doesn't provide anything else

Reactions: NoTouchIcing

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
I didn't understand this signing at the time and still don't. I get he's young but he's never shown he can even be above average in the OHL. Now this year in his D+1 season he has 1 goal in 21 games and is -17 on a team who should be top 4/5 in their conference. And just 34 shots in the 21 games. He generates no offence and is so small, so if he's not scoring, he doesn't provide anything else

Whats the reason hes not scoring? Motivation issues? Any petes fans that can weigh in?

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
This kid is terrible. Soft, and for an offensive forward, can't produce to save his life. Absolutely no business being picked where he was, let alone signed. His skating isn't great for his size either.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I didn't understand this signing at the time and still don't. I get he's young but he's never shown he can even be above average in the OHL. Now this year in his D+1 season he has 1 goal in 21 games and is -17 on a team who should be top 4/5 in their conference. And just 34 shots in the 21 games. He generates no offence and is so sma ll, so if he's not scoring, he doesn't provide anything else

I don't get why Dubas signed him to an ELC, so soon, I hope he is good enough to play in the AHL when his CHL career is over.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Anyone who has watched SDA this season can you chime in? Peterborough isn’t a powerhouse by any means, and are one of the worst offensive teams in the OHL, but that production is concerning. I’d like to see if he’s playing better than his production suggests.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Yeah that is a good question. He seems quite promising though.

I didn't see him play but heard he is decent, his past and present OHL numbers are not great, I'm ok with waiting 4-5 years and see if he becomes a player.

bobbygore

Jun 27, 2011
Whats the reason hes not scoring? Motivation issues? Any petes fans that can weigh in?

Not sure what’s happening but there must be some kind of friction between SDA and the Petes coach Rob Wilson .
SDA was benched for the whole third period in the game in Sarnia tonight . Petes were getting shellacked by the Sting and the whole team looked terrible .
Earlier in the game when SDA saw a regular shift he seemed much more focussed on getting back and playing like a third defenceman than creating any kind of offence .
Don’t know for sure but I would guess the reason for SDAs mediocre start is that he isn’t seeing eye to eye with the coach . He had no points tonight and created zero offence . He was also at least a minus 2 maybe more .

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
Not sure what’s happening but there must be some kind of friction between SDA and the Petes coach Rob Wilson .
SDA was benched for the whole third period in the game in Sarnia tonight . Petes were getting shellacked by the Sting and the whole team looked terrible .
Earlier in the game when SDA saw a regular shift he seemed much more focussed on getting back and playing like a third defenceman than creating any kind of offence .
Don’t know for sure but I would guess the reason for SDAs mediocre start is that he isn’t seeing eye to eye with the coach . He had no points tonight and created zero offence . He was also at least a minus 2 maybe more .

Thanks for the update. I will definitely go see the Petes soon.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Yea bad start for for sure. The Petes are kind of a tire fire though, but he needs to pick it up. I kind of treat this like his draft year though,so hopefully he gets going.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Anyone who has watched SDA this season can you chime in? Peterborough isn’t a powerhouse by any means, and are one of the worst offensive teams in the OHL, but that production is concerning. I’d like to see if he’s playing better than his production suggests.

I've watched him play(only twice this Season) and he was about as unimpressive as you could imagine.

Refer to my post a few up for my thoughts.

Reactions: Green Snow Storm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad