Semin VS Vanek but with a catch....

Status
Not open for further replies.

easton122

May 14, 2003
USA
Visit site
Hmmm

Semin will have a much much better chance to score more goals because he will be playing with Ovechkin. However I think Vanek is a better player who will be a better goal scorer. Semin is the safer bet though :teach:

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
X-SHARKIE said:
Don't get me wrong, I think Semin well put up good numbers, but IMO Vanek well turn him self into one of the best pure goal scorers in the NHL. His game is more suited for the NHL IMO. I would take him.

I would have agreed w/you had Semin not played outside of his stereotype last year. As a smallish wing, he was surprisingly elusive, scrappy, and fearless.

Haven't followed Vanek as closely, so I can't really judge.

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
X-SHARKIE said:
Don't get me wrong, I think Semin well put up good numbers, but IMO Vanek well turn him self into one of the best pure goal scorers in the NHL. His game is more suited for the NHL IMO. I would take him.

how is Vanek's game more suited to the NHL and Semin's isnt?

Goal scoring alone, probably vanek even though semin showed a ton of creativity in the way he handled the puck this season...Semin looks he'll be more of a playmaker IMO

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
I take Semin. This guy is doing very well in the RSL (14 goals in 27 games, and 20 points) and has already shown he belongs at the NHL level. Pro rate his 22 points in 52 games last season and you get about 35 points in an 82 game schedule, for goals it would have been about 16 goals in 82 games. Those are better than Frolov's number during his first season. I love Vanek, I think he will be great but I feel Semin has proven more and is more likely to reach his full potential because of that.

Sammy*

Vanek easy. Better goal scorer, bigger, tougher. From what I have seen of Semin, he seems to not be that strong on his skates & in the NHL you cant get away with being a dipsy doodler.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Vanman said:
Who would you rather have in a DYNASTY GOALS ONLY Pool. Thanking you all in advance for your opinions......

so we can't take their thundering physical presences into effect like we would normally

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
In pure goals?

Pretty hard to project. I think Semin's going to do more when it comes to assists and pure points, but could top out at 25-30 goals when it's all said and done.

If he just shot most of the time (which isn't his game) he probably has upper end 30's talent, maybe even 40 plateau.

TeamPlayer

Jan 11, 2003
I have Vanek (the austrian assassin) on my team and a fellow Gm has offered Semin and 3 draft picks, But im very hesitant because I was under the impression Vanek was the heir apparent to the Rocket Richard trophy for years to come. I heard theyve already inscribed his name from 2006 - 2016.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Having watched him for a bit in the NHL this season, I think Semin's skill set is going to lend itself to a playmaking role more than a goal scoring slot. I would probably take Semin on points, but for goals... Vanek. I think he'll be a pure sniper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad