Semin vs Horton redux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
borro, yes....Semin is without any shadow of a doubt the greatest prospect in the game with the possible exception of whatever other Caps prospects you are currently discussing. Horton pales in comparison to the largesse of the Semin-a-tor...Horton is the ant, Semin is the kid with a magnifying glass burning the ant with fiery sunlight. Horton, though it pains me to say it because he has worked so hard....Horton should quit hockey and become a zamboni driver because, injury or not, he is unfit to skate on the same sheet of ice as Semin.

Semin=God
Horton=duck

Should the NHL resume play this year....the Caps will win the Cup. They have no D, they have no forward depth....but the Caps have the Semin-a-tor and he might well threaten Gretzky's 92 goal in a year record in only 40 games.

Dumb question: Semin vs. Horton

Better question: Semin vs. DITKA!

______

Look, Semin is a heck of a prospect. Especially on the O side of the ice. I did a dance when GMGM drafted him. It was a high risk, high reward pick. But running down another team's prospects shows no virtue. It shows self-esteem troubles. Keep it positive, borro. Yes Semin rules....no matter what happens with Horton.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
JohnGalt said:
borro, yes....Semin is without any shadow of a doubt the greatest prospect in the game with the possible exception of whatever other Caps prospects you are currently discussing. Horton pales in comparison to the largesse of the Semin-a-tor...Horton is the ant, Semin is the kid with a magnifying glass burning the ant with fiery sunlight. Horton, though it pains me to say it because he has worked so hard....Horton should quit hockey and become a zamboni driver because, injury or not, he is unfit to skate on the same sheet of ice as Semin.

Semin=God
Horton=duck

Should the NHL resume play this year....the Caps will win the Cup. They have no D, they have no forward depth....but the Caps have the Semin-a-tor and he might well threaten Gretzky's 92 goal in a year record in only 40 games.

Dumb question: Semin vs. Horton

Better question: Semin vs. DITKA!

______

Look, Semin is a heck of a prospect. Especially on the O side of the ice. I did a dance when GMGM drafted him. It was a high risk, high reward pick. But running down another team's prospects shows no virtue. It shows self-esteem troubles. Keep it positive, borro. Yes Semin rules....no matter what happens with Horton.

These comparison threads happen here all the time. Not that anyone does any listening, but Horton is out is a FACT, not my opinion. The projection is he is out for a year, FACT not my opinion. Horton started slow in San Antonio this year, FACT not my opinion. Semin is better than Horton-my opinion. I am entitled to it. Cut all the over-exxageration garbage. One could claim that a healthy Horton is at least nearly equal to Semin from a points in the NHL standpoint. Horton brings more to the game so far WHEN HEALTHY. That is all I really said. It is countered by people who mention my assestment of Witt (unrelated) and other equally salient points regarding Semin. Then others spout clearly untrue stuff about Semin being just one way. He's got some work to do, but he is still young too. As Ken Beatrice would say "Injuries are a reality." Sorry if I disrupted Florida fans fragile mood by pointing out reality. They are welcome to go back and put their "Enya" cd's on and relax. Semin has that nastiness about him that makes me see the chance to develop a bit more all around game. Still, he has a ways to go. Does that make you happy?

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
borro said:
These comparison threads happen here all the time. Not that anyone does any listening, but Horton is out is a FACT, not my opinion. The projection is he is out for a year, FACT not my opinion. Horton started slow in San Antonio this year, FACT not my opinion. Semin is better than Horton-my opinion. I am entitled to it. Cut all the over-exxageration garbage. One could claim that a healthy Horton is at least nearly equal to Semin from a points in the NHL standpoint. Horton brings more to the game so far WHEN HEALTHY. That is all I really said. It is countered by people who mention my assestment of Witt (unrelated) and other equally salient points regarding Semin. Then others spout clearly untrue stuff about Semin being just one way. He's got some work to do, but he is still young too. As Ken Beatrice would say "Injuries are a reality." Sorry if I disrupted Florida fans fragile mood by pointing out reality. They are welcome to go back and put their "Enya" cd's on and relax. Semin has that nastiness about him that makes me see the chance to develop a bit more all around game. Still, he has a ways to go. Does that make you happy?

Never thought i'd say it, but...good post borro.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
Why Horton opted for surgery.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...eb01,0,746526.story?coll=sfla-sports-panthers

Horton, playing for the Panthers' American League affiliate during the NHL lockout, missed the Rampage's first seven games while recovering from surgery that took place in March. In December, Horton dislocated his shoulder and missed the next 14 games. He returned in early January, but said his shoulder repeatedly "popped out" before he reinjured it Jan. 23. "We don't want it to [pop out] again, so they're going to get in there and tighten it down and make sure it doesn't happen again," Horton said. "This way, I can just get it done and have lots of time to rehab and get it strong for next year."

Horton has been suffering from shoulder subluxation (temporary partial dislocations). This is unrelated to last year's operation, which repaired Horton's torn rotator cuff and labrum and dislocated biceps tendon. "That healed. It's just a coincidence that it's the same shoulder" Krepelka said. Horton, 19, said he probably should have given himself more time to recover at the start of the season. While the shoulder was mostly pain-free, "it probably wasn't very strong," Horton said. "The shoulder pretty much hasn't been right all year."

Krepelka said there shouldn't be concern that this will be a careerlong problem. "If this was the same injury as before, yes, but they're separate injuries and plenty of athletes get dislocated shoulders" Krepelka said. "Plus, he's a 19-year-old and they're pretty resilient. I have no doubts he'll come back and be the player we all thought he'd be. "He just has a long road ahead of him, unfortunately. Mentally, this is killing him. He just wants to play hockey, and it's been a year now. It's a tough way to play his [hard-hitting] style when you're worried about your shoulder popping out on you. Once we get through this, he'll be ready to go."

That is the likely explanation to his lack of production....he came back too soon from the surgery/rehab during the summer.

When Horton first got injured in Vancouver, the organization should've probably opted for surgery right then and there instead of choosing to rehab it and make him return to the Panther lineup, only to end up reinjuring it again (which could again be a case of him coming back too soon from the injury). Even with the shoulder popping out, Nathan probably could've came back and finished the rest of the AHL season half hurt, but the organization probably felt it was best not to make the same mistake twice and have him take advantage of the NHL Lockout to fix the problem, that way he'll be ready for whenever the NHL starts again. The kid's desire to play reminds me so much of his favorite player Jeremy Roenick, but he has to realize he is not JR and that if hes not careful he'll end up jeopardizing his career.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Captain Conservative said:
Also, a word of advice: don't get into arguments with borro. He is notorious for being the caps biggest homer and regularly makes ridiculous statements with only his opinion to back them up. The only reason I don't have him on ignore is he makes me laugh sometimes.

Though having homerish tendencies myself, I do have borro on ignore. Thus, this thread is quite humorous. I still see about 2 out of 3 of his posts quoted in other threads.

Look, borro's gonna have a hard on for Semin for a long while. And when he gets home everyday from high school, he'll post on how bad your player is, and how great his player is.

Though, if you don't look out, he'll try to trade them all away for someone else.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Crossbar said:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...eb01,0,746526.story?coll=sfla-sports-panthers

That is the likely explanation to his lack of production....he came back too soon from the surgery/rehab during the summer.

When Horton first got injured in Vancouver, the organization should've probably opted for surgery right then and there instead of choosing to rehab it and make him return to the Panther lineup, only to end up reinjuring it again (which could again be a case of him coming back too soon from the injury). Even with the shoulder popping out, Nathan probably could've came back and finished the rest of the AHL season half hurt, but the organization probably felt it was best not to make the same mistake twice and have him take advantage of the NHL Lockout to fix the problem, that way he'll be ready for whenever the NHL starts again. The kid's desire to play reminds me so much of his favorite player Jeremy Roenick, but he has to realize he is not JR and that if hes not careful he'll end up jeopardizing his career.

Very good post. Only thing that scares me is that shoulders are REALLY tricky. I thought that Josh Green was going to turn into a solid 2nd line PF, but he gets hurt, has to have that surgery on both shoulders, and is never the same again.

Only time will tell.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
borro said:
No, how clueless are you? Most of the claims are saying Semin is strictly one way. That simply isn't true from what I've seen. I see it was too difficult a leap for you to take the point of one post and apply to faulty logic in general. But then, you are a Flyers fan...

Jeezus....why do you have to be like that?

as for the topic, injuries scare me....and I like Semin more than most (obviously not as much as everyone).....my choice would be....Ditka!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad