Semifinals: New York Islanders vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Series tied 3-3) Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
GenerousGrossAmazondolphin-size_restricted.gif

Sir Hattrick

May 18, 2021
Barzel should be suspended, doubt he will. NHL has to do what the NHL does.

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
That was fun but in the end it counts just as much as a 2-0 win. Think it was in 2015 playoffs against the Rangers where they blew out Tampa in game 6 and all momentum seemed to be on the Rangers. Tampa ended up shutting the Rangers out in game 7.

Isles will put up a hell of a fight in game 6, Tampa gotta be ready for it.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Everything they shoot go in here ???Even though it looks bad for NY right now its still only one game ,they should be far better next one

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
Disagree, it’s the play offs, you want to send a message and get in your opponents heads. This is either going to motivate the Islanders for the next game or Tampa will have gotten into their heads. It just adds to the story line.
They could go the Panthers route and start their Spencer Knight goaltender. Dunno if the Islanders have a young stud goalie in the pipeline. It delayed the inevitable by a game though when Knight shocked the world for one game. Hard choice to choose a goalie if you're the Islanders and Tampa just clowned on both your keepers.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
They could go the Panthers route and start their Spencer Knight goaltender. Dunno if the Islanders have a young stud goalie in the pipeline. It delayed the inevitable by a game though when Knight shocked the world for one game. Hard choice to choose a goalie if you're the Islanders and Tampa just clowned on both your keepers.

Sorokin is their Spencer Knight. I feel bad for the kid, took a puck off the neck and toughed it out so Varlamov wouldn't have to go back in. Was on the wrong side of a ton of bad bounces too.

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
Sorokin is their Spencer Knight. I feel bad for the kid, took a puck off the neck and toughed it out so Varlamov wouldn't have to go back in. Was on the wrong side of a ton of bad bounces too.
I see. So I guess they don't really have an ace in the hole. Probably still best to go with Sorokin for game 6. He certainly wasn't bad. I don't think Varlamov was either though.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Just curious... did the Isles jet take a detour around the world before landing in Tampa? You know last year and all and that excuse about being tired....
They flew to Edmonton right after the game then last night they jumped on a late flight to Tampa. They were waiting for the clock to show 8PM on the west coast from the looks of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad