WC: Semifinal Pre-Game Talk: Finland vs. Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipel

May 10, 2011
It's Russias tournament now after that Canada win. Only team I see that could challenge them is the Czechs. Repeat of last years final inc.

Actually Russia sucked today. If they don't improve they don't stand a change vs Finland.

Mhs

May 1, 2011
Usualy I would hope for Finland beating Russia. But with the Norway-Finland game fresh in mind i hope for a solid Russsian win, 4 - 0

Mara

May 10, 2011
Actually Russia sucked today. If they don't improve they don't stand a change vs Finland.

Ehm. It's chance. chanCe. Why do hockey fans get that wrong? Or is this just the same guy with a different name? I'll probably start pulling my hair out if I see that mistake one more time. :)

vsk92

Alltid IFK
Mar 31, 2011
Scotland.
it will be a tough match against russia but we always have a chance so anything can happen, even if we lose im still pleased we're guranteed to finish either 3rd or 4th but obviously i want finland to win and get to final :D

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I hate the "they'll win easy" or "they don't stand a chance" statements.

Both of these teams have a lot of talent. And they both can beat anybody.

It should be an even and close game imo.

MaNNe

Sep 27, 2009
Finland

lol, that's homerism taken to a whole new level. Russia didn't play their best, but they don't have to win team Finland, who have struggled against pretty much every team thus far. We ain't gonna win Russia twice that's just the cold heart truth.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
I hate the "they'll win easy" or "they don't stand a chance" statements.

Both of these teams have a lot of talent. And they both can beat anybody.

It should be an even and close game imo.

X2. It's a coin toss.

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
Will pull for Finland but pretty sure Russia has this one. True, Suomi beat them in the round robin but I think the Russians may have found their game now.

Meh, Finland is always in deep **** against "lesser teams".

It's the same in hockey and in soccer (In soccer we usually tie or win teams like Germany, Turkey, Portugal but at the same time we lose to Azerbaidjan, Armenia, Moldovia etc.)

So tomorrow we will be victorious!

Never föget :)sarcasm:)
link in case it's not available: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3yajhkWI6w

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
lol, that's homerism taken to a whole new level. Russia didn't play their best, but they don't have to win team Finland, who have struggled against pretty much every team thus far. We ain't gonna win Russia twice that's just the cold heart truth.

You are thus elected for the most typical Finn in this thread! That's just silly over-pessism. Maybe you are counter-jinxing the match? Russia certainly didn't impress today and even if they play better tomorrow, as they surely will, we will have a realistic chance in a best of one match. (It's the final we always lose!)

vsk92

Alltid IFK
Mar 31, 2011
Scotland.
Meh, Finland is always in deep **** against "lesser teams".

It's the same in hockey and in soccer (In soccer we usually tie or win teams like Germany, Turkey, Portugal but at the same time we lose to Azerbaidjan, Armenia, Moldovia etc.)

So tomorrow we will be victorious!

Never föget :)sarcasm:)
link in case it's not available: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3yajhkWI6w

at least we beat san marino 8-0 in football :D

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
at least we beat san marino 8-0 in football :D

No need to be condescending againt our footy team. There's so much competition in football.

Anyway this is about hockey and we'll kick the **** out the Russians who had given us too many beatings in both sports recently. :rant:

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
objectively, this year's Russian team is much worse than the ones we saw from 2007 to 2010. it's not the players, it's how they play on the ice. they seem so unorgansied out there. line combinations are awful too.

vsk92

Alltid IFK
Mar 31, 2011
Scotland.
No need to be condescending againt our footy team. There's so much competition in football.

Anyway this is about hockey and we'll kick the **** out the Russians who had given us too many beatings in both sports recently. :rant:

i hope :D so or I will get some stick from a few russian friends :help:

ipel

May 10, 2011

Struggled? Huh, i hope you are kidding with this statement.

Sure Finland has struggled if you only watch the result.

Finland has been better in every aspect of the game than their optonents so far. They've created much more scoring places than their optonents for example. Just the fact that Finland doesnt have many natural scorers have kept the game so "equal".

Russia havent been good in this tournament and they cant change that in one night. Though they got so much personal skills in their team that all they need is just few good scoring places.

But if Vehanen plays great game and other guys keep on playing like they've played so far Finland will win.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Ehm. It's chance. chanCe. Why do hockey fans get that wrong? Or is this just the same guy with a different name? I'll probably start pulling my hair out if I see that mistake one more time. :)

There might be a change that it's the same guy chancing his name but changes are that he has writing difficulties and he can't chance it and... Ok, I'll stop :laugh:.

Mara

May 10, 2011
Struggled? Huh, i hope you are kidding with this statement.

Sure Finland has struggled if you only watch the result.

Finland has been better in every aspect of the game than their optonents so far. They've created much more scoring places than their optonents for example. Just the fact that Finland doesnt have many natural scorers have kept the game so "equal".

Russia havent been good in this tournament and they cant change that in one night. Though they got so much personal skills in their team that all they need is just few good scoring places.

But if Vehanen plays great game and other guys keep on playing like they've played so far Finland will win.

Finland didn't outplay Russia in the last game, it was a really close one and without Lassila we would've most likely lost. Once again our fate is in the hands of our goalie, since our D can't stop Russia creating a crapload of good scoring chances.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Finland didn't outplay Russia in the last game, it was a really close one and without Lassila we would've most likely lost. Once again our fate is in the hands of our goalie, since our D can't stop Russia creating a crapload of good scoring chances.

not really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad