WC: Semifinal Pre-Game Talk: Czech Republic vs. Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
If Sweden play anything like they did against Germany this will be a walk in the park for the Czechs.. Sweden really shouldnt stand a chance here

Nordic Pride

Jan 20, 2011
Sweden
Sweden as the underdogs. If we can beat the Czech's we have what it takes to win gold.

That old mullet man in Czech Republic looks pretty awesome though. What's his name again? Janne something?

Last edited:

member 116805

Sweden needs to bring it, I dont think they will.
Czech Republic wins

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
Czechs should win this one without any problems what so ever.

RebelMe

Dec 26, 2008
Swedes have always been a tough matchup for us. Czech team looks great this year, but I don't expect an easy match...I just hope Havlat will be able to play.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Our team defense is a complete mess pretty much. When we don't have the offensive cycle going we get instantly exposed the other way. Fasth will need to have a great game, but the underdog feeling is good for us. I expect a low score, like 2-2 or 3-1 either way at most or so.

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
We beat them in the pretourny with our guys having no chemistry yet, this is were the czech journy ends:handclap:

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Hopefully Fasth can continue his great game and Tre Kronor opens the scoring. I'll be nervous as hell all game, for sure.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
czechs are really clicking in this tourney. Sweden's going to have to be a lot better than they were today (especially to start the game) if they hope to advance.

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
I think Swedens chances are just slightly worse than it was against Germany. The reason is that you never know what to expect. When Sweden plays well, they are damn good but they mix it up with some horrible play.

I think it will be a tight match. If the opening period goes Swedens way, they might go soft. If it goes the Czechs way, Sweden will play like they should play 60 mins of every game. Either way I don't expect a blowout by either team.

Lugaid

Hajlajtreelmål!
May 28, 2008
Stockholm
I don't know what to expect. It feels like Sweden has yet to play to their capacity, I think there's a lot of heart in the team, but they need to show much more of a do-or-die attitude against the czechs. I'd give the czechs 70-30 chance of winning.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Czechs are so clear favourites in this match that the underdog position for Sweden might make it even. It comes down to the usual, Pavelec vs Fasth and who takes more stupid penalties. Also will Jagr be on fire again? Rooting for the underdog as usual, Sweden!

Winner

May 5, 2005
Czech rep.
50-50 chance, both teams are good. Swedes play what seems to be a less complicated hockey, which can be to their advantage. We'll see.

Final result prediction: 3-2 either side

(Let's hope Rachunek scores 8 seconds before the end of the 3rd period if things go badly :laugh: )

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
That old mullet man in Czech Republic looks pretty awesome though. What's his name again? Janne something?

Pretty sure it's Niinimaa.

Swedes have always been a tough matchup for us. Czech team looks great this year, but I don't expect an easy match...I just hope Havlat will be able to play.

In which case I hope that Niklas Kronwall's older brother Staffan will lay him out just like Niklas did a couple of playoffs ago;)

I think the Czechs will counter-attack us to death, and that Fasth will have an off game....when it matters.

4-1 Czechs..

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
The Czechs have to be favorits for this one, as it have looked, but you never know with the Swedish team, they can all of a sudden play like champions.

Trotzig

Oct 24, 2009
I expect a repeat of last year, kinda. Czechs win in shootout and goes on to win the tournament.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Sweden have a young and pretty unexperienced team, I have no idea what to expect but they need to step it up.

It would surprise me if we (Sweden) win but I for sure hope so!

We were lucky vs the Germans, it could have been tougher. Fasth was lucky too and didn't impress me very much he will also have to setup up.

Anyway, I will enjoy watching a living legend play, Jaromir Jagr.

I'm very impressed by David Rundblad so far, wow. Congratulations to Ottawa, he looks like better talant than Larsson in my eyes.

Berglund is impressive too but can do even better.

Nilsson can always do better (with all his talent). ;-)

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Will be a close one, games with Sweden always are. Plus it's the team that our coach always seems to lose against the most. But I hope we can win :)

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I don't think Sweden will win. Czechs are clear favorites, and, given how both teams have looked so far, should win handily. However, as has been said, Sweden, even with their anonymous roster and questionable defensive coverage, has an historical knack for coming alive at odd times.

Still, I fully expect Sweden to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad