85 Sven Andrighetto - 83 Joel Vermin - 28 Timo Meier
15 Gregory Hofmann - 92 Gaëtan Haas - 82 Simon Moser
46 Noah Rod - 19 Reto Schäppi - 60 Tristan Scherwey
14 Chris Baltisberger

Scratched:
G 62 Gilles Senn
D 76 Joël Genazzi
F 79 Damien Riat

only concern is with Canadian goal tending.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
For Canada, this is like having a bye into the Gold Medal game. Cinderella Switzerland is about to have her bubble burst. We have seen this so many times before - a team carries out a highly improbable upset by playing way beyond the limits their talent and depth impose on them, with massive amounts of adrenaline flooding the arena, only to come out the next game and fall behind 6-0 at the end of the 1st period. They realize that their moment of greatness is over, and that it is time to go back to reality. It is a huge break for Canada to have an easy path to the Gold Medal game - almost as huge a break as that tiny little penalty call in overtime against Russia!

Reactions: maximafinogenov7

Talus

Nov 2, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
For Canada, this is like having a bye into the Gold Medal game. Cinderella Switzerland is about to have her bubble burst. We have seen this so many times before - a team carries out a highly improbable upset by playing way beyond the limits their talent and depth impose on them, with massive amounts of adrenaline flooding the arena, only to come out the next game and fall behind 6-0 at the end of the 1st period. They realize that their moment of greatness is over, and that it is time to go back to reality. It is a huge break for Canada to have an easy path to the Gold Medal game - almost as huge a break as that tiny little penalty call in overtime against Russia!

you're right nobody can lose as many times as the Russians and not blame it on something.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'm glad that that Canada not only paid off the refs in the quarterfinals, but also paid off the Finns so that they would intentionally lose to Switzerland. I hear that Canada might even pay the Swiss coach to play the whole game with his goaltender pulled.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aerrol and NyQuil

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
I'm glad that that Canada not only paid off the refs in the quarterfinals, but also paid off the Finns so that they would intentionally lose to Switzerland. I hear that Canada's might even pay the Swiss coach to play the whole game with his goaltender pulled.

Scoring isn't really problematic for Canada. But if they could convince them to play without forwards... Or, like, not shooting at the net at alll? :laugh:

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I'm glad that that Canada not only paid off the refs in the quarterfinals, but also paid off the Finns so that they would intentionally lose to Switzerland. I hear that Canada's might even pay the Swiss coach to play the whole game with his goaltender pulled.

Really generous of Hockey Canada to sink all that money into a tournament that only a fraction of Canadians even care about! Thanks Justin!

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
Expecting Andrighetto to have a big game. Impressed me in the playoffs, will see how he does here in another big stage game. The worlds watching Sven, time to prove something. #IIHFWC

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland

It's amazing that you fellas have zero respect for anyone. One would think that after having your ass handed to you by Canada, you should have found some humility. Just a tiny bit, at least. But obviously that's not the case. Zero class & so disgustingly arrogant. I pity you.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Interesting matchup, I haven't watched a single Swiss game so can't say much about how they are playing other then they cleanly beat a Finnish team that pounded us so I have to think we are in for a long afternoon tomorrow.

If this version of Team Canada has another gear I haven't seen it yet, even in yesterdays game we sleepwalked through far too much of it. No urgency, not enough battle......................until it mattered. Secondary scoring still basically waiting for, this team pretty much has been let Mcdavid do his magic and do just enough to hopefully get by. That won't cut it from this point forward, they need a total team effort. And the goaltending, oh my, if we don't get at least a credible performance tomorrow we may as well embrace the bronze medal game because the Swiss won't need many opportunities to score in bunches.

Won't even hazard a prediction on this one, it's anyones game and totally in the air.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010

In 2013 Switzerland beat every single team in their entire group which included Czech, Canada and Sweden, then enroute to the final they beat Czechs (again) and the USA. I see your point, they did get massacred in the final but to think Canada, with its porous goaltending and one-line offense despite not even being a cap-compliant team can casually stroll their way to the GMG is profoundly arrogant. Switzerland only lost to your team 4-3 a few days ago. A lucky bounce could've taken it to OT and a shootout could go either way.

I'd be pleasantly surprised (but fearful for the hubris going into the finals vs USA or Sweden) if Canada pumped them 6-0, but really expect something like a 5-4 victory, ideally in regulation to preserve the energy.

Reactions: Pouliot

maximafinogenov7

May 10, 2018

Absolutely agree.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I will be watching this one closely and rooting for Switzerland. An underdog story is always fun, and Timo Meier is one of my favorite players. I am hoping for a huge game from him!

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Our goalies need to be at least respectable.

Some other guys besides the best player in the world and tournament MVP Connor McDavid could really step up as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->