GDT: Semifinal • May 13 • Finland 3, Russia 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfk711*

Finland should be winning but at least they're not losing. I love the physicality of the Finns so far, they're not afraid of the weak Russians.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Finland is dominating and man-handling the Russians. Only thing missing are the goals (what a surprise lol).

Yeah none of this is surprising. We'd absolutely murder the competition if it was the "shooting in the goalies lap world championships" or "working mans WC". Russia has better shooters so even if they create 1 to every 5 chance, they have a chance.

Vladiator16*

Finland is dominating and man-handling the Russians. Only thing missing are the goals (what a surprise lol).

Man-handeling is a bit of an overstatement, IMO, but they do look a little better so far.
The game is young, it's only end of the 1st. Russians don't usually show up until they get scored on.

Vladiator16*

Finland should be winning but at least they're not losing. I love the physicality of the Finns so far, they're not afraid of the weak Russians.

Are you a comedian of some sort?
Remember this?

edit: given a chance or a command R2 will go thru your whole team like hot knife thru the butter.

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC

Yeah none of this is surprising. We'd absolutely murder the competition if it was the "shooting in the goalies lap world championships" or "working mans WC". Russia has better shooters so even if they create 1 to every 5 chance, they have a chance.

Finns haven't had a scoring chance so far so I don't know why you are too hard on your team for not scoring. Well Finns seem to have the most negative fans here from what I have noticed anyway.

Good game so far with plenty of hitting by both sides.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
A good, solid start from Finland. It is strange how we end up dominating the ice even against teams that are much better on paper. I would actually prefer Russian pressure and quick Finnish counter attacks, but what can you do.

Mara

May 10, 2011
Finns haven't had a scoring chance so far so I don't know why you are too hard on your team for not scoring. Well Finns seem to have the most negative fans here from what I have noticed anyway.

Koivu did a good direction, Grandlunds shot wasn't too far away from going in through the legs and Aaltonen got a nice chance in the middle.

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
We've had some pucks to the net but no golden chances yet. Still the best period from Finland in this tournament. They came to play this time, great hits etc. First line looked pretty good and Granlund was great as usual.

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
Geesh based on your descriptions, it sounds like it is all talk and no Finnish, or am I Russian to conclusions?

Schalkenullvier*

How come that the fins have such a history of having Bad finishers? I mean, I believe Hockey is the #1 Sports in finland, and if they can develop like 3 all star goalies per generation, Why cant they have the Same Number of offensive forces, especially if its a pretty Big Sample size? Are there any priorities in finnish youth development programs that value other things like playing a two-Way Game higher?

Diagonaali

Jan 8, 2009
Finland

lol?

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Geesh based on your descriptions, it sounds like it is all talk and no Finnish, or am I Russian to conclusions?

Now look here, this doesn't matter because neither of these teams will taste the Swede victory in the end. Might just as well Czech in their luggage and go home.

Vladiator16*

How come that the fins have such a history of having Bad finishers? I mean, I believe Hockey is the #1 Sports in finland, and if they can develop like 3 all star goalies per generation, Why cant they have the Same Number of offensive forces, especially if its a pretty Big Sample size? Are there any priorities in finnish youth development programs that value other things like playing a two-Way Game higher?

Selanne? no, Granlund... beautiful goal...

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Well Finns seem to have the most negative fans here from what I have noticed anyway.

We have about 20 lines of guys who could play in the international level physically, everyone works super hard and you will not out work Finland....but Finnish players just can't shoot. Selanne can, that's about it. Yeah, Immonen had two nice shots against Norway, Lajunen managed to get the puck high on backhand as well, but these things happen once every 4 games and the other 3 games they pepper the chest of the opponents goalie or shoot wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad