GDT: Semifinal • Jan. 3 • Sweden 3, Russia 4 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Shouldn't game songs in international tournaments be more folky than pop/rock-based? This is hereby Sweden's game song for this game. :)

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I understand the host country picking it's schedule, but why was the Canada game scheduled for 3:00pm yesterday? Wouldn't it have made more sense to schedule a North American team on prime time in North America? Especially, knowing that the winner of that game would play USA.

Oh well, what's done is done.

I hope Russia can pull this off a victory, it'll be very tough.

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Shouldn't game songs in international tournaments be more folky than pop/rock-based? This is hereby Sweden's game song for this game. :)

With all respect...this one is waaaaaaay more better...and more typically swedish...vikings, beer tents and quire singing :)

Go Sweden!!!

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
With all respect again, David Hasselhoff isn't very Swedish, and viking helmets didn't have horns! :p:

Now, where did you get David Hasselhoff from? This song was initially written and sung by swede Bjorn Skifs. And helmets with horns are way more hilarious than the ones without. Historical facts can go screw themselves. :)

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Now, where did you get David Hasselhoff from? This song was initially written and sung by swede Bjorn Skifs. And helmets with horns are way more hilarious than the ones without. Historical facts can go screw themselves. :)

Seems like we were both wrong, the song was written by a Mark James. Anyway, indian chants aren't Swedish at least. :)

rushockey

Oct 4, 2010
Calgary
www.rushockey.com
Shikin is better than Bobkov in one area - making the first save, at least from what I have seen so far. Bobkov does have a better rebound control and can be better in other areas. He wasn't really good against Canada, and that rebound of his back goal was a killer, so I am not so sure if Bobkov is such a great upgrade as many seem to think.

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
I can't see a tired team Russia holding on for more than a period and a half in this game. And with Robyn Lehner in net the Russians will already be shaking in their boots going into the game.

Here's how it's going to play out: Sweden takes the early lead a couple minutes in followed by fairly even play with Russia tying things up at the 10 minute mark. About five minutes into the second Sweden regains the lead and the game remains close until Sweden score again with about 8 minutes to go in the second. This will open the floodgates and Russia can't withstand the barrage from Sweden and the rest will be a cakewalk. Final score, 8-1 Sweden.

The Swedes will go on to decisively defeat Canada in the final and capture the gold medal. Of this I am convinced. I'm fairly certain Canada will beat USA in another classic match up but either way nobody's stopping team Sweden, Canada doesn't have the goaltending and the US team is rather pedestrian compared to last year. There's only one team that could possibly beat Sweden and that is Sweden them self.

The only Swedish WJC squad that has ever impressed me more was the 2007 team in Pardubice.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Sweden always have trouble with Russia for some reason.

THis is going to be a really close one, and the Ruskies are still on a high after coming back against the Finns.. I was hoping that Landeskog would be able to play in the semi's.... I don't like the odds...at all.:shakehead

I think you're absolutely right. Being down 3 to 1 and winning it in OT is not a Russian trade mark at all. This does not bode well..

StillAlive

Nov 1, 2006
The swedes must come out and play as if their goaltender won't make them any favors. Swe-Rus 4-2

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Shikin is better than Bobkov in one area - making the first save, at least from what I have seen so far. Bobkov does have a better rebound control and can be better in other areas. He wasn't really good against Canada, and that rebound of his back goal was a killer, so I am not so sure if Bobkov is such a great upgrade as many seem to think.

yeah and only god knows where the puck ends up after his save...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad