GDT: Semifinal • Jan. 3 • Sweden 3, Russia 4 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I can understand the host picking the schedule, but ONLY when the host changes once in a while! When its US / Canada like 5+ years in a row.. thats just ridicoulous. How often is the tournament played in Slovakia?! So they would never get to choose their schedule??

Rediculous!

It was suppose to be in Switzerland last year, not the IIHF's fault the swiss bailed out. The reason the tournament isn't played in Slovakia is, nobody attends, other than the couple of thousand Canadians that normally travel to Europe for the event.

Macman

May 15, 2004
Does it matter?

I believe Sweden was in the exact same situation last year...or was the year before that? It sucks, and for some reason Canada never get these screwed up schedules.

The tournament host sets the schedule, but that's OK, blame Canada anyway.

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
It was suppose to be in Switzerland last year, not the IIHF's fault the swiss bailed out. The reason the tournament isn't played in Slovakia is, nobody attends, other than the couple of thousand Canadians that normally travel to Europe for the event.

I was in Helsinki in 2004 and even a couple dozen would be reaching it in the games I attended. Or maybe they were really quiet fans.

Fulcrum

I agree with you, it's based on economy- noone attends - no money - no hosting the tournament. But then how can you base FAIR-PLAY on economic decisions? <- Thats unfair.

What I am saying is, noone should decide the schedule except IIHF. I, as a fan, want to see completely or as much as possible fair-battles. Otherwise, why don't we let the host nation choose the refs?

dude67

Nov 15, 2010
Sweden has been better and better of each game and if they stay to this puck possession game play the Russian will not have chance.

Russian will not have legs or brains to play against us i saw 2 periods against the Fins last night.

Russian did a lots of turnover against the Fins that will kill them against us.

PIMqueen

Apr 4, 2010
here
It should be GDT: Semifinal • Jan. 3 • Sweden vs. Finland • 3:30 PM ET • 21:30 CET :shakehead

But what's done is done. Go Sweden!!

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Sweden has been better and better of each game and if they stay to this puck possession game play the Russian will not have chance.

Russian will not have legs or brains to play against us i saw 2 periods against the Fins last night.

lol, if not surprising play of Lehner, and mysterious empty net misses, would you be saying the same? Psychological advantage is on Russian side - saved an already lost game, and lost to SWE due to "sleepy" first and mysterious misses. I do admit SWE is better as a team, but so is Finnland.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
4-2 Sweden, the Russian will be too tired in the third period.

Cehlin, Järnkrok, Fasth and C. Klingberg. Tarasenko and Kitsyn.

I think I'm gonna cheer for my swedish brothers in this one:)

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
I think the Russians should be motivated after a big comeback win yesterday. This game will be a close entertaining game.

Villert

Dec 29, 2009
great, Canada place it's 1/4 before us and semi after us, is it fair or what?

Host country delegates the schedule. This time you truly can't just 'blame Canada' :laugh:

That being said, should be a tough game for Russia, but I think they're going to pull through with a win based solely on heart.

Would be too bad though, granted Canada moves on, I would really like to see us have another crack at the Swedes. Should be a good game either way at least.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Host country delegates the schedule. This time you truly can't just 'blame Canada' :laugh:

That being said, should be a tough game for Russia, but I think they're going to pull through with a win based solely on heart.

Would be too bad though, granted Canada moves on, I would really like to see us have another crack at the Swedes. Should be a good game either way at least.

I understand that USA wants their team to play prime-time and could care less how tired Russia is, but come on...

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
I'm gonna go with Russia, 5-4 with Kuzi scoring the game winner late in the 3rd. That kid is beast, can't wait to see him in the Caps uni next year. If Russia gets to the finals we'll need to loan Ovechkin for the game against Canada lol.

cenas*

Sweden won't fold like a wet blanket like we did in the ending minutes. This could be a blowout.

pouskin74*

Russians had more chances to goal than Swedens in theyr first match-up, so dont see any reason why would it be different this time. Talking about brains???UHH :shakehead

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I want Russia to have the psychological advantage - huge comeback win vs Finland just has to inspire the boys, and they have to be willing to fix their mistake against Sweden from the round robin game, but we have to remember that Sweden's last game was also a very big one where they beat Canada in shootout, so they are also on an emotional high.

Physically they are obviously tired, but hopefully there's enough gas left in the tank for two more games.

Go Russia!!

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Hopefully Sweden decides to take advantage of the fact that Russia played last night. Lots of hits and lots of skating please.

Fulcrum

Unfortunately, a very important and largely Uncotrollable factor- you can't fool your body. When you're tired- you're tired! I'de be very surprised to see Russia pull this one out against probably the best team here.

Unbiased Prediction- 4-1 SWE. It's Sweden's game to loose :(

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
lol, if not surprising play of Lehner, and mysterious empty net misses, would you be saying the same? Psychological advantage is on Russian side - saved an already lost game, and lost to SWE due to "sleepy" first and mysterious misses. I do admit SWE is better as a team, but so is Finnland.

Surprising?

The Russians probably actually do have a psychological advantage though as I'm sure they actually do feel like they should have won the 1st won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->