GDT: Semifinal • Russia vs. United States

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Bragin is an amazing coach. Canadian fans are very familiar with him because of the yearly SSS we play with Russia, he's coy and analytical about the game.

Question, if Bragin can speak English (don't know if he can never heard him speak), should he get a shot at coaching in the NHL? My answer is yes.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
It's very impressive. Good systems and bringing over rosters full of 19 year olds is a good model. I always enjoy watching the Russians play even though they are Canada's biggest rival.

Yet, every year Russia is considered to be #4-5 team on paper. I don't remember last time Russia was considered a favorite for gold before the tourney

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
It's Not that stacked man.. There's better hockey players out there and these guys are about average on an elite level.

There's better teams, sure. But individually these two teams were one of the most (if not the most) talented teams at the WJHC. US coachings inability to get them to win is on them.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Bragin is an amazing coach. Canadian fans are very familiar with him because of the yearly SSS we play with Russia, he's coy and analytical about the game.

Question, if Bragin can speak English (don't know if he can never heard him speak), should he get a shot at coaching in the NHL? My answer is yes.

I think he's too 'Russian' for the NHL :). He just has that sort of Soviet army type of style to him, not sure if Americans/Canadians would be cool with that.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Yet, every year Russia is considered to be #4-5 team on paper. I don't remember last time Russia was considered a favorite for gold before the tourney

Well I thought it would be a Canada-Russia rematch when I seen the QF matchup. Didn't turn out that way though.

Good luck in the finals, I have a feeling it will be a great game with Russia winning 5-4. :cheers:

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
When I Harped about that talent. This is what I meant. We ****ed our chance of a medal with useless bums like Eansor Hitchcock and Donato. Politics. ****ing trash

And if they'd won, you'd be quiet. Knock it off. You don't know any better than USA Hockey does about who to bring.
EVERY year there are decisions people won't like, but bringing those players doesn't mean they would have won. So tired of this complaining every year, especially in "hindsight."

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
The crowd expects it!

I remeber one game CAN-USA 6-7 before where after CAN makes 3-0 - and russian commentator said: " Ooops -there will be fight line to line -mark my words". IT was pretty funny because It Happened. :D:D:D:D

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru

He cant coach adults, he tried in the khl and got nowhere

Rossiya*

Now its a good situation. If they lose to Finland they still get the silver. They already beat Finland once this tournament. And Finland has a good team and are at home, they have no excuse not to win.

So all pressure is on Finland.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Well I thought it would be a Canada-Russia rematch when I seen the QF matchup. Didn't turn out that way though.

Good luck in the finals, I have a feeling it will be a great game with Russia winning 5-4. :cheers:

Awesome, I'd love that. :)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
US fans need to stop having sour grapes. Did Russia trap? Sure. But we gave them the opportunity to. We dominated them in the first but only came away with one goal, when Russia made their push we had only a goal padding to fall back on. Once they finally scored, we needed to push back but we didn't, and Werenski getting walked around and Nedelkjavich (Cant spell it, sorry) giving up the post wasn't a good goal to give up. once they got behind they started playing sloppy and selfish. They wrote their own check in this one.

Passionis

Dec 10, 2015
I think he's too 'Russian' for the NHL :). He just has that sort of Soviet army type of style to him, not sure if Americans/Canadians would be cool with that.

His track record with men level is quiet poor actually, he's an ideal juniors coach with good scouting and shortish tournament qualities , but that's about it.

I love Bragin as russian u20 coach, but working with Pros is a different beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->