GDT: Semifinal • Jan. 3 • Sweden 3, Russia 4 (SO) • Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Here's what sensationalism is, he could have said just before that the Canadian D was the best so far, but the only thing the media wants to tell you is that he's criticising the Canadian team. It's pretty unbelievable how Sweden is being treated, called classless and cocky and so on, when the overwhelming majority of Swedish hockey players are of the Lidström, Sedin, Zetterberg and Bäckström-type in character. People see what they want to see.

I merely responded to what your coach said. I fail to see how that is sensationalism.

Whatever, it's the past now. Maybe we'll revisit it if Canada loses tonight.

mach777

Nov 10, 2003
But I guess there's some unwritten rule that states that you shall never ever say that another team has been better than Canada. Even in a single game in the damn JWC.

Give it up. Its "their game". Someone touched them in a bad place. This can not happen. Ever. Waaah.

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
when is gold medal game scheduled? Is it tomorrow?
Wednesday.

Congrats to Russia, played a solid game.

Disappointed that Sweden didn't turn up until the third period, but they have played a good tournament and now we gonna ship the bronze! c

Evil Romano

Jan 3, 2011
Bassano Vicenza
So you don't see how his saying the Czechs and Russians played better offensively than us, despite the fact that they combined for less goals against his team, could be taken as unnecessary provocation?

Are you intentionally being mentally prepubescent? A statement claiming that Canada did not play better than Russia or the Czechs THIS GAME - that is, ONE game - you automatically "comprehend" this as provocative? The fact that another team, an opponent, does not always look at you as the best team? Wow, you just proved my point - you simply cant accept opinions other than "Pro-Canada". Again, it is ridiculous. The number of goals is irrelevant. It does not necessarily mean that you were tougher throughout the game.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I want to say to Swedish fans - the same thing I said after game one - you have a great team, a great system and a bunch of great players - I am very proud we had beaten you, especially proud - we did it on 15 hour rest. Keep up your spirits and win the bronze!
p.s. where is that clown who said Russia has no chance?

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden
I merely responded to what your coach said. I fail to see how that is sensationalism.

Whatever, it's the past now. Maybe we'll revisit it if Canada loses tonight.

Maybe? ;) I dont see how game threads will be different than before if Canada loses to US and we meet in the bronze game.

No, I almost hope Canada wins just so we dont have to have more of this "trolling bonanza". So sick of it.

Lets save some "ammo" for next year. ;)

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden
I want to say to Swedish fans - the same thing I said after game one - you have a great team, a great system and a bunch of great players - I am very proud we had beaten you, especially proud - we did it on 15 hour rest. Keep up your spirits and win the bronze!

Lots of heart in both teams. Could have gone either way, but you deserved it.

Now, go and win the gold.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site

I think the clown was Vatanen from Finland and Kuznetsov sent his message to him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpVxgVdC5hY&feature=player_embedded

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Can't find the words in English so I'll just say it in Swedish; Förluster som dem här skär värkligen i hjärtat. Härenstam was spot on about it after the game wining shot, and this time around I really thought the team which showed such character deserved a chance to play for gold.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
The Swedes kicked the swagger out of Canada and it was the best thing that could have happened. The World Junior teams of Canada seem to get cockier by the year and I don't like it. Instead of simply enjoying a solid victory the Swedish staff said a little too much and gesticulated a little too much to the crowd after the win. When I saw what I saw and heard what I heard I had hoped Canada would get a chance to exact some revenge.

The hockey gods instead decided to teach them a little lesson a round earlier. Looks good on them and I hope they don't get a medal.

Vladiator16*

Rönnberg: “I think actually, we had tougher games against the Czechs and Russians,” Rönnberg said. “Those games were tougher for us to control. I think they play better offensively than Canada did tonight.”

So he gave his honest opinion that the other games were tactically harder to play through and that he felt Sweden was actually in good control in large parts of the game vs. Canada, which many Canadian fans agreed on. In one frigging round robin game. Crap storm ensues. Canadian sensationalist media goes crazy*, Canada not put on pedestal, despite having struggles in the actual game that was played. Canadian fans with fragile egos expected to hunt this quote for a week (probably infinitely) and sure, we can see that.

In what way has he disgraced the godly Canada? Did he say anything about the actual Canadian team? Did he say anything about their chances to win gold? Did anyone ask him about it?

Ronnberg smacks Team Canada (yeah right, thanks mr. sensationalist):
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/GARTH/RONNBERG-SMACKS-TEAM-CANADA/6/32529

Amazing how you can form the base of an entire article based on one quote, isn't it? Nevermind what he actually meant, it's easier to form opinions of your own!:
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/juniorho...s-were-tougher-games-?urn=juniorhockey-302193

Again... don't try to put this crap on a coach that gave his honest opinion of the round robin games. It's your attitude that's the problem here. If you can't handle Canada isn't put on a pedestal in every frigging interview regardless of the game picture, just censor the whole damn thing and stop being such hypocrites.

This is beyond ridiculous.

Seriously? Thats all he said? This is the first i've heard of it, but i dont follow juniors much...
... but guys please dont take these couple of posters here too seriously (Black aces, #11,...) i remember last year Semin gave his opinion that he likes Kane's game better then Crosby. Well, what do you know somebody's got a different taste. Do you remember what happened in Canadian media and Canadian fans? It sounded like he (Semin) insulted every man, woman and child in Canada. I remember those two posters (because they are Pens fans, and giving negative opinion about Sid is a big no-no, as Semin learned) doing the same thing, by repeating the same nonsense over and over again.... "He shouldn't have said it, who the **** is he, and so on and on and on..." Its like nobody can have an opinion that is different then theirs... its ****ing hilarious.

...but anyway, i feel like we got lucky today at the end, we really looked gassed in the OT. Good luck in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Waldo

May 27, 2002
Winnipeg
Visit site
Clearly the Ruskis got a lucky break off the icing non-call. Team Svensk showed character and persistence to come back and take the lead. I thought that late in the game the win was there for the taking. You have to give credit to the Russians for tying it up but nonetheless it was a heart breaking loss. Team Sweden was the best team in the tournament until today. I really enjoy their skill and style of hockey.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I think the clown was Vatanen from Finland and Kuznetsov sent his message to him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpVxgVdC5hY&feature=player_embedded

dude67

vCash: 500
Sweden has been better and better of each game and if they stay to this puck possession game play the Russian will not have chance.

Russian will not have legs or brains to play against us i saw 2 periods against the Fins last night.

Russian did a lots of turnover against the Fins that will kill them against us.

I meant that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->