Semi-OT:Street Hockey Goalie Gear

Giontatas

Oct 8, 2005
Montreal
Hey guys, I was wondering what you thought about equipment for Street/Roller Hockey.
I am looking for something just to use a few times, maybe 5-6 times this summer so I don't want to dish out a lot. A few friends recommended for me to just get something from toys r us, but I don't think they will be big enough (I'm 5'9" weighing 175). Also, something in the Montreal region.

So any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
The Mission Lite set of gear is pretty cheap and does the trip for Street hockey. But if you're only planning on using stuff 5-6 times, maybe it's best to find a used sporting goods shop or maybe check on eBay?

New stuff will run you at least $200-300. What's your price range?

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
Do they have Play It Again sporting good stores in Canada? I got a nice pair of leg pads for $30, and added a blocker, chest pad, and mask for a grand total $70.

kold

Mar 31, 2004
Edmonton
Dont bother with Canadian Tire "road warrior" type gear. It's not worth your time or money. Your best bet is to go into a used sporting goods store, and you can get something solid that will last quite a while on such a rough surface. Also, in getting something like that, you probably wont spend much more (if any more) than buying new "toy" gear from Cdn Tire.

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
I just know its hard to find decent street goalie stuff that won't fall apart on a hard surface. My old school had some awesome pads that had maybe a quarter inch thick of hard plastic on the outside and yet was very flexible. I asked where in the hell you would even find those pads and no one knew as they were quite old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad