USA (5-0-0) - Russia (3-2-0)

Russia wins 2-1

7:30 PM EST

Sweden (5-0-0) - Canada (4-1-0)

Canada wins 5-4.

helax

General Hockey Fan
Apr 2, 2013
3-2 Canada, will be interesting if Monten has been able to ressurect Tre Kronors lost will to win.

A bit off topic:
1.30 AM CET.. I'm sad, will not be able to watch the game. :(

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Damn, just read that Russia has the opportunity to make it 4 straight years of eliminating the US. That'll be a tall order though against this American team considering Russia hasn't looked overly impressive this entire tourney. However if anyone can win a game when the chips are down it's Bragin. Should be a good one.
3-1 US

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
Damn, just read that Russia has the opportunity to make it 4 straight years of eliminating the US. That'll be a tall order though against this American team considering Russia hasn't looked overly impressive this entire tourney. However if anyone can win a game when the chips are down it's Bragin. Should be a good one.
3-1 US

Russia didnt look impressive in the group play two years ago either, then came back and got revenge over Sweden in the semis.

I believe Russia is growing as the tournament keeps going, Samsonov is the best goalie and Kaprizov is the tournament MVP so far. Russia wins 4-1.

Sweden goes out with a defensive focus and locks Canada down in period 1. Without anything constructive happening for their team, the Montreal audience turns on their team, which is when Sweden turns the game in their favour to come out with a win. Sweden wins 3-1 after an empty net goal in the final minute.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Russia didnt look impressive in the group play two years ago either, then came back and got revenge over Sweden in the semis.

I believe Russia is growing as the tournament keeps going, Samsonov is the best goalie and Kaprizov is the tournament MVP so far. Russia wins 4-1.

Sweden goes out with a defensive focus and locks Canada down in period 1. Without anything constructive happening for their team, the Montreal audience turns on their team, which is when Sweden turns the game in their favour to come out with a win. Sweden wins 3-1 after an empty net goal in the final minute.

You must not have watched Sweden much in this tournament.

wwvdw

Dec 22, 2009
Sweden
If Sweden are going to win this they have to do it by grinding down Canada. Keep the puck in the offensive zone, circulate the puck and wear the Canadian D down. They cannot win by playing a trap-style counter attacking hockey. The Swedish D isn't good enough in their own zone for that.

This is were the match is going to be decided. If Sweden can get their forecheck going the Canadian won't get out of their zone and the same goes for Canada. If both fail it will be a (special-teams / goaltender) crapshoot who will win.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
It looks like Canadian defense doesn't look very defensive this tournament. Their goaltending isn't impressive as well. Swedes can beat them.

As to USA - Russia, there is a habbit for us to win over Americans ar WJCs, but everything comes to the end sooner or later. I don't like the way Team Russia plays, so US will definitely look better, but we have Kaprizov and Samsonov, so it won't surprise me, if Russia wins another time.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
I'll predict a Sweden-US final.

Canada's goaltending doesn't inspire much confidence. Meanwhile Russia has great goaltending, but the rest of the team hasn't looked that strong.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
It looks like Canadian defense doesn't look very defensive this tournament. Their goaltending isn't impressive as well. Swedes can beat them.

As to USA - Russia, there is a habbit for us to win over Americans ar WJCs, but everything comes to the end sooner or later. I don't like the way Team Russia plays, so US will definitely look better, but we have Kaprizov and Samsonov, so it won't surprise me, if Russia wins another time.

Don't think the Canadian defense has been the problem at all. The team's goaltenders, on the other hand, have been a little suspect. Ducharme has given each guy the ball to run with and they have both fumbled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad