GDT: Semi Final: Russia Vs Sweden | 9AM EST 1PM CET | RUS 5 - 4 SWE OT

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
SF1.jpg

Full Tournament Schedule: IIHF - Schedule and Results 2020 IIHF World Junior Championship
Game Info: Game Summary

full

Russia
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
MIFTAKHOV Amir (G)
ISAYEV Danil (G)
ASKAROV Yaroslav (G)

Defensemen:
ZHURAVLYOV Danil (D)
GALENYUK Danila (D)
ZAMULA Yegor (D)
MALYSHEV Anton (D)
PYLENKOV Danil (D)
ROMANOV Alexander (D)

Forwards:
KHOVANOV Alexander (F)
MOROZOV Ivan (F)
MARCHENKO Kirill (F)
VORONKOV Dmitri (F)
PODKOLZIN Vasili (F)
SOKOLOV Yegor (F)
DENISENKO Grigori (F)
SORKIN Maxim (F)
RTISHEV Nikita (F)
ALEXANDROV Nikita (F)
DOROFEYEV Pavel (F)
GROSHEV Maxim (F)

Scratched:

full

Sweden
Confirmed Tournament

Goaltenders:
ELIASSON Jesper (G)
ALNEFELT Hugo (G)
PORTILLO Erik (G)

Defensemen:
BJORNFOT Tobias (D)
GINNING Adam (D)
BROBERG Philip (D)
NORLINDER Mattias (D)
SANDIN Rasmus (D)
SODERSTROM Victor (D)
LUNDKVIST Nils (D)

Forwards:
HOLTZ Alexander (F)
FAGEMO Samuel (F)
BACK Oskar (F)
RAYMOND Lucas (F)
GUSTAFSSON David (F)
PASIC Nikola (F)
HOGLANDER Nils (F)
HENRIKSSON Karl (F)
GUSTAFSSON Hugo (F)
OBERG Linus (F)
BERGGREN Jonatan (F)
NASSEN Linus (F)

Scratched:

Do not ask for or provide links to illegal streams.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
That's a coin flip. Two teams that play a similar style, constantly on a puck, constantly pressing, controlling the pace of the game. This will come down to whose leaders and goaltenders will come up big in clutch. Don't think this will be decided in regulation.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
What a matchup. Two beautiful teams that play 5 on 5 so well. I'm not sure there is a poor skater on either side.
Sweden has 1 medal in the last 5 years despite always sending crazy good teams. They are due for a bounce. I'm not 100% sold on Russian goaltending as both have had some really questionable moments in key games.

Having said that, I loved watching the Russian's play and Romanov is my favourite D in the tourney. If Russia wins I won't be surprised at all. You could play this match 10 times and it'd be 5-5 after that. To Sweden's disadvantage is the fact that they haven't faced adversity since Day 1 against Finland. Russia has dealt with a lot of adversity and might be more battle tested.

I'll put the over/under at 5 slashes to Sandin's wrist though. Now the whole world knows this pisses the Swedes off (rightfully).

3-2 Sweden even though I secretly want a Russia/Canada gold rematch.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Hoping for Russia just because I want Sweden to remain Finland's little brother in terms of recent junior championships and so on. So Sweden doesn't need to win anymore championships in a while but it feels like Sweden is pretty strong now so I think they will be in the final and probably beat who ever is there against them with that 4 hours of rest advantage.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
I wonder if Bragin will deploy Podkolzin to try and shutdown tournament leading scorer Hoglander.

Sweden has the best D-core in the tournament by FAR! 5 first rounders i belibe play on that Defence.
Russia is going to have to get greasy goals. Individual efforts and finesse isnt going to be good enough in this game.

I think Sweden takes it 3-1.

Would be just as happy though to see Russia pull through.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
De är klasser bättre än Finland, med den skillnaden att Finland råkar vara bäst i världen på att tråka ihjäl lag som egentligen är mycket bättre än dem?

I sense some salt :)

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
De är klasser bättre än Finland, med den skillnaden att Finland råkar vara bäst i världen på att tråka ihjäl lag som egentligen är mycket bättre än dem?

Salty :D? Finland playing boring from time to time but hey it works for them! And obviously Sweden could learn from it at WJC

EK47

Feb 7, 2013

This is why I don't read Hockeysverige anymore. Their grasp of the hockeyworld and therefore; reality has slipped the past few years. Who in their right mind would say that any Junior NT is "klasser bättre än Finland" is beyond me, the depth and top talent of the finnish Junior NT:s the past 7-8 years is second to none. How you miss that is beyond me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad