Semi-final predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SChan*

nobody believs in sweden, and still we are the only team that beat canada after they haven't lost in years.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Both games a pretty much coin flips to me. I'll stick with my pre-tournament predictions, which had Czech Republic and Canada as the two best teams, and pick that as the final with the Czechs winning the whole thing.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
wilka91 said:
it is already played 4 on 4

I know but it is only 10 mins. The combination of a 20 min duration and 4 on 4 would pretty much guarantee a goal IMO.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
SectionX said:
nobody believs in sweden, and still we are the only team that beat canada after they haven't lost in years.

We beat them, if the disallowed goal is taken into account :D

SChan*

Boucicaut said:
We beat them, if the disallowed goal is taken into account :D

yeah I know, but it wasn't :D

I think Sweden will win because Lundqvist is due to get red hot.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
SectionX said:
Sweden beat our, what, 2b team? No big deal. Don't make it sound like you beat us in a best on best game with something on the line.

As for the games I have to go with Canada - Czech in the final but I don't want that. I wan't a Canada - Sweden final in the worst way. After the endless whining over the Nash - ref thing (should have been trouble, but wasn't) and the Walker - scoresheet mishap I want Canada to put the boots to Sweden. And since it will be a game that actually means something, we probably will. :p:

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
ryz said:
Sweden beat our, what, 2b team? No big deal. Don't make it sound like you beat us in a best on best game with something on the line.

As for the games I have to go with Canada - Czech in the final but I don't want that. I wan't a Canada - Sweden final in the worst way. After the endless whining over the Nash - ref thing (should have been trouble, but wasn't) and the Walker - scoresheet mishap I want Canada to put the boots to Sweden. And since it will be a game that actually means something, we probably will. :p:
Don't forget this is Sweden's B team as well. Forsberg, Naslund, Sundin, Lidstrom, Modin, Kim Johnsson, Ragnarsson, Holmstrom. Every team is missing key players.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
SectionX said:

nobody believes in RUssia, and still we are the only team that ... sucks like hell! :D

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
ryz said:

What's the problem with Walker and the scoresheet? I thought Sweden was very classy with that, not raising any issues there.

By the way...graciously admitting a defeat looks much better than empty chest beating and belittling.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
norrisnick said:
Don't forget this is Sweden's B team as well. Forsberg, Naslund, Sundin, Lidstrom, Modin, Kim Johnsson, Ragnarsson, Holmstrom. Every team is missing key players.
Don't get me wrong. I completely agree with that. Thats my point. I'm not sure about Europe but this tourney still means basically NOTHING to North Americans. It's probably the 5th most important tourney behind the Olympics, World Cup, World Juniors and the Stanley Cup play-offs. Regardless of what our Euro competition thinks, winning or losing the next 2 games in this tourney means basically nothing to Canadians. If we win it's like eating a few potato chips between meals to tide us over. If we lose, no biggie. I'm suprised it is such a big deal on these boards, and with the international hockey community. Now, if it was a true best on best with players that have actually been playing more than 3 weeks it might be a different story.

SChan*

ryz said:

walker? we didn't complain about that. GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT. I hope Russia pounds Canada 11-0 and put those whiners to rest.

winning or losing the next 2 games in this tourney means basically nothing to Canadians

so that's why TSN, sportsnet, SLAM SPORTS! analyzing everything in and out.

btw we are missing our best players also.

Last edited by a moderator:

syc

Aug 25, 2003
Not Europe
Visit site
SectionX said:
walker? we didn't complain about that. GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT. I hope Russia pounds Canada 11-0 and put those whiners to rest.

so that's why TSN, sportsnet, SLAM SPORTS! analyzing everything in and out.

btw we are missing our best players also.

For the first part..you can always dream and you Sweds have been the whiniest fans of this whole tourney.

On the second part yes tsn and such are talking about these games but hockey fans in Canada don't really care all that much if we win or lose. THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS MEAN VERY LITTLE TO CANADIANS! TSN and SN are only talking about it because they have nothing else to talk about.

I hope we see some typical Swedish international goaltending ala Salo style.

Go Nash!!!

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
syc said:
For the first part..you can always dream and you Sweds have been the whiniest fans of this whole tourney.

On the second part yes tsn and such are talking about these games but hockey fans in Canada don't really care all that much if we win or lose. THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS MEAN VERY LITTLE TO CANADIANS! TSN and SN are only talking about it because they have nothing else to talk about.

Go Nash!!!

Until now I didn't know there were kids on this forum. I mean seriously, look at your arguments! Even I never reached such heights in terms of stupidity.

SChan*

syc said:

Go Nash!!!

Canada sucks.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
syc said:

Go Nash!!!

Well, in Europe people don't much care about the junior WC. People rate the Olympics way over anything else (so do I) and World Championships come second, followed by World Cup/Canada Cup. This is the average hockey fan that I'm talking about. However, interest in the NHL has increased during the last 20 years due to more Europeans playing there but the majority still follows mostly/only the domestic leagues.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Canada invented the Canada Cup, a trophy made by Canadians and awarded at the tourney of the same name, where Canada plays all its games in Canada on Canadian-sized rinks, with Canadian refs, according to a schedule made by Canadians. Then thinking that it wasn't a very legitimate tournament Canada decided to call it World Cup, hoping that the Europeans would buy this crap. :snide:

Last edited:

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
SectionX said:
Canada sucks.
No,sectionX...Canada doesn't suck...but the post you responded to with that proclamation sure does...There are many Canadians(myself included) who put great value on the WC's...and alot of top players do as well. I am a "hardcore hockey fan" and I feel its part of my duty to acknowledge what this tourney represents...it is a world class tourney. with many of the top players in the world. It is always a a major accomplishment for whoever wins it.
People who dismiss the WC's are (IMO) weak/part time fans who can't get by without the "regualr cast" of hockeys biggest names. This tournament has featured some truly remarkable performances (both this year,and years past).
Let the knobs bash it all they want...but remember that there are respectful fans in Canada who stand by thier team...and then automatically stand by the tournament itself. :propeller
The quarter final game Canada/Slovakia...was UN-REAL!!! :clap: ...and I'm watching in the hopes for more!

Rocky Saginuts

Jul 21, 2004
Hamildump, Ontario
syc said:
On the second part yes tsn and such are talking about these games but hockey fans in Canada don't really care all that much if we win or lose. THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS MEAN VERY LITTLE TO CANADIANS!
I don't know if you're Canadian Dude, but you sure as heck don't know anything about Canadian "hockey fans". You may be speaking for "NHL fans", but that is an entirely different animal.

Seeing Canada win/lose this tourney means a helluva lot more to me than watching a Carolina-Detroit Stanley Cup final. :amazed:

BTW, if you don't care, why are you on this friccin board? :amazed:

Last edited:

Rocky Saginuts

Jul 21, 2004
Hamildump, Ontario
wilka91 said:
Canada invented the Canada Cup, a trophy made by Canadians and awarded at the tourney of the same name, where Canada plays all its games in Canada on Canadian-sized rinks, with Canadian refs, according to a schedule made by Canadians. Then thinking that it wasn't a very legitimate tournament Canada decided to call it World Cup, hoping that the Europeans would buy this crap. :snide:
Can't argue with anything you said there - everybody knows that is true, but it is still amazing hockey.
Your diatribe about the Canada Cup, however, does not explain why Canada won the past two WC's and in Salt Lake (oh yeah, must be that conspiracy thing, eh?!?) :propeller

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Rocky Saginuts said:
Can't argue with anything you said there - everybody knows that is true, but it is still amazing hockey.
Your diatribe about the Canada Cup, however, does not explain why Canada won the past two WC's and in Salt Lake (oh yeah, must be that conspiracy thing, eh?!?) :propeller

I'm repeating (again) : Canada won the Olympics because it was the best team.

The past 2 Worlds : I have no idea, I dont follow some pointless tournaments with players eliminated from the NHL playoffs ...

SChan*

mr gib said:
gee whats up with that ? - we have a wack of swedes on the nucks - bunch of the canadian boys played in sweden - we would not in a million years say anything like that about you -

dont take me serious, but it was hilarious when he said that no canadian cared about this championchip. Because it's not true.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
SectionX said:
dont take me serious, but it was hilarious when he said that no canadian cared about this championchip. Because it's not true.
no worries - if you had a seen us jumping around the tv after gagne tied it up - i care - but for the game and how great it is played at this level - should be a great day tomorrow - good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->